Stupid Things You Did With New Baby

Faffalina

Mummy
Reaction score
I used to pack a full nappy bag complete with 5 nappies to go to the corner shop!

I used to take off her whole sleepsuit and vest to change her nappy :haha:

Ok don't leave me feeling stpuid alone...
:dohh:

When Max was about a week old, he had the worst crying fit ever and it went on for about 2 hours. OH and I were so worried we were considering taking him to A&E and everything lol. Turned out, his vest was soaking wet all up one side and neither of us had noticed :wacko: We still laugh about it now, like imagine we had turned up at A&E and they checked him over and said "um...its just a wet vest". :dohh:

I also used to pack a load of nappies whenever I went anywhere. We used to go for walks around where we live and we would literally be gone for 30mins and I would pack all kinds, bottles, change of clothes etc etc.

I feel like such an idiot when I think back lol!

x

I cant think atm but ive done loads haha...ill get back to you.

X

When Max was about a week old, he had the worst crying fit ever and it went on for about 2 hours. OH and I were so worried we were considering taking him to A&E and everything lol. Turned out, his vest was soaking wet all up one side and neither of us had noticed :wacko: We still laugh about it now, like imagine we had turned up at A&E and they checked him over and said "um...its just a wet vest". :dohh:

I also used to pack a load of nappies whenever I went anywhere. We used to go for walks around where we live and we would literally be gone for 30mins and I would pack all kinds, bottles, change of clothes etc etc.

I feel like such an idiot when I think back lol!

x

a tense 2 hour operation to remove... a wet vest :haha: love it!

I did the opposite, I frequently went out without taking anything! At first, it was because I thought I'd be okay since I was only going out for an hour or less, but then I forgot the bag! :dohh:

Put him into the swing to sleep next to a 60" plasma TV with a blaring movie and wonder why he wouldn't go to sleep and was hysterically overstimulated.

"But... babies sleep right?" :rofl:

Idiots..

I wouldnt go any where without a fully loaded changing bag and stil carry to much even now lol! I also had to take an extra feed more than I would need (just incase) x

i too have had the screaming fit and tried everything to soothe, only to realize i hadn't changed her diaper...and once i did she was fine. :dohh::dohh:

I did the opposite, I frequently went out without taking anything! At first, it was because I thought I'd be okay since I was only going out for an hour or less, but then I forgot the bag! :dohh:

LOL I did the exact same thing. It took about 5 outings where I was missing a blanket, or a pacifier, etc. that I think I might possibly have a good amount of things in the bag now. Still haven't changed him in public though.

I had lots of moments where LO was crying and I tried everything, was at my wits end only to realise i'd forgotten to check her nappy :dohh:

Was always taking out way too much in the nappy bag, and an extra feed "just in case", although tbh even know I know i'm being a dumbo I still do this now :haha:

I wouldnt go any where without a fully loaded changing bag and stil carry to much even now lol! I also had to take an extra feed more than I would need (just incase) x

We do the same! When Callum was in neonatal I took expressed breast milk out the fridge and gave it to him straight without warming it first. He wouldn't take it til the kind nurse explained that he needed it warming first! The worst thing is i'm a nursery nurse so really should of known since i'd warm up many a bottle in my time...blame the baby brain! xx

My OH put LO's clothes on minus her nappy lol

We used to strip LO completely for a nappy change, then about a week after we'd been doing that, it clicked that we just needed the bottom half naked....
I miscounted the amount of scoops of formula that I put in the pots (for when we go out) and knew I had, so I tipped the lot in the bin.... wasn't until about a month later I realised I could have just poured the formula back in the tub and start again.

leaving his socks on when he was tiny, and had pood. So many ruined socks! not so bad now as he doesnt curl his legs up!! He just crawls away with a shit*y ass :rofl:

I was / am exactly the same. I always carry far too much still, but you never know what you may need (right??) :)

I also always take an extra feed in case something happens with the first feed or incase he suddenly hits a growth spurts and wants constant feeding :) Not worth the risk in my opinion

Ohh ill have to get back to you on this.. X

believed in colic
ate dairy products while breastfeeding
left her cradle cap be
didn't teach her to use a bottle or paci

Taking just too long to change a nappy. He'd always poo over the changing mat.

Or pee all over me.

believed in colic
ate dairy products while breastfeeding
left her cradle cap be
didn't teach her to use a bottle or paci

:wacko: Whaddya meaaan?!
Jake had colic. x

I think she's referring to believing that colic is just "incurable" crying for no reason. I think (and babyjiva as well I assume) that there is ALWAYS a reason, always a source, always a cure, but 'colic' is just a term written when doctors can't find that solution.

Doctors call colic when an otherwise healthy baby cries 3+ hours for no reason. I don't think it's possible to cry for no reason, but we just don't know what that reason is!!

It's a bit of semantics...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"