Stupid Things You Did With New Baby

Welllssss....

This one time.. I was holding Alexa up on my knee, and she started grunting and making her silly poopy faces... soooo I thought it would be fun to grunt and make silly poopy faces back at her....

&& That's when I felt this thick...gooey... stinky... wet slime plop and run down my leggs. Her Diapy was some how pushed to the side... :haha:

I sat there FROZE! I didn't know wth to do. If I move it would make a mess... but I couldn't just sit there!

&& I already have an over sensitive stomach, Soooo I stand up all bow legged, Alexa stretched out as far as my hands can hold her out, I run bow legged to the bathroom, while gagging my butt off... :rofl:

More or less... I have NEVER EVER imitated her poopy faces ever again. LOL

Just sat there laughing like a loon at this, then felt "watched" - Lilia was staring at me with a confused "are you mental?" expression on her face! :haha:

what do u take? and i can try and tell u what to leve, altho im just as bad lol if we go out for the day i take 3 bags 1 for each child lmao

I take:

8 nappies & some disposal bags
2 muslins
dummy
cardigan & hat
2 changes of clothes
pack of wipes
wetbag for dirty clothes etc.
change mat that comes with bag
(plus bottle, carton of aptamil & scissors if we're going to be long)

Weighs far more than baby + pushchair put together :haha:

I would say if you're not going to be out long all you need is -

3 nappies, pack wipes, handful nappy bags
Dummy
Bottle even if not due feed just incase
1 muslin and 2 bibs
1 change of clothes

pack more if you'll be out longer though!

Don't need -

change mat - just use his blanket!
wetbag - take an empty carrier bag or use the nappy bags

xx

Oh this changing bag convo reminded me of the time I took my baby for a feed in town and while he was sat on my lap, he squished a poo out. No problem I thought, until I stood up and saw that it had leaked out and was all over my jeans. I had to take them off and wash them in the toilet and then try and blast them dry with the hand dryer. Then walk home with a large yellow stain on one leg. Gross! I hadn't packed a spare pair of trousers for myself of course!

When I packed her diaper bag for a trip to the store it looked like I was packing for a big trip...LOL.

I'd pack like 20 diapers, a whole package of wipes, 6 bottles, 3 outfits, her toys...etc

i didnt realise a bf baby needed winding:dohh:
not realising to open her nappy then close it for a minute before changing it, many a time in the time id taken 1 off to replace it with another she'd wee everywhere and id then have to change all her clothes:dohh:
i also made the mistake of trying to change her nappy straight after her poo, biiiig mistake she hadnt finished and shot a torpedo out and it went all over my hand, silly mummy

I just wanted to say that your LO is absolutely gorgeous.

I always thought you shouldnt leave a newborn alone, so I used to take her in her moses basket to the toilet with me!

Same here. If I just went into kitchen to get a drink Madison came with me

Tried to put her in all those fancy clothes, even if we were just bumming around the house :dohh: ...vest, frilly dress, cardi, nappy, knickers, socks + a 3/4 week old baby = lots of crying.

Oh my god I so did this!

Also - on her first day home putting the heating on, putting her in a long-sleeved vest, thick socks, mitts and an outfit, then wrapping her in a thick blanket.

In June.

I was sitting there in my knickers and vest, weak and near death from the warmth, when I realised I was being ridiculous and that Madeline needed just one extra layer than me, and did not need to be wrapped up like she was about to head off on an arctic expedition.

You could be me speaking. I'd put Madison in a heavy sleeper and put her in her sleep sack because I just knew she had to be cold...:dohh:

Great thread:thumbup:

When Jessica was 6 weeks old we attempted our first meal out as a family - we went to Pizza hut.

I Bf Jess before we went, and as I was worried that she might want feeding in the restaurant (and at that time wasn't finding bf'ing easy in public)I took a bottle with me. We were desperate for the outing to go well for our boys, as they had been so good with the baby, and deserved a treat.

Anyway, after we got to pizza hut, and the food arrived, Jess started to cry. I told Dh to give her the bottle. Well, she gulped it down like there was no tomorrow, and we thought, wow, she was really hungry. Then Dh took the bottle out of her mouth, and she threw the whole lot up........all over the table, down DH, me, all over the pizzas, and even managed to get it in our drinks:dohh: We just sat there for a few seconds, didn't know where to start:haha:

I tidied up as best I could, the waitress came over, and I asked for the bill - she looked confused as she hadn't seen what had happened:haha: She asked us if we wanted the pizza boxed up to take with us Lol:blush:

We made a quick exit.

dress him in outfits with fiddley bits!

Not realising till he was about 2 months that muslins are great for covering boys bits and saves putting a whole outfit in the wash!

at 5 weeks i realised there was such thing as 'bedtime' and had him sleeping upstairs from 9pm

i didnt really wrap him up alot tbf, i was the opposite! Oh no he'll be too hot half the time i took him out in just a romper and vest (it was warm!)

I somehow "invented" my own bf hold! Our Doula came over to help with latch as I had scabbed and bleeding nipples and she took one look at how I was bfing and was in shock. I was attempting to do a rugby hold but instead of having LO looking upwards and underneath me he was along my side and kinda coming at my nipple from the outside. Can't really explain it :rofl: I was rather embarrassed

Slept with my hall light on, and gave my dad a key to my door, just in case... That lasted about two weeks, and my dad would actually come check up on me, early in the morning. :p

I've put a onsie on backwards, more then once.

Finding out later that he'd been crying from a dirty diaper, and I'd gotten mad at him. Felt SO guilty, afterwards.

Catching LO's leg in an odd position in his Moby, and making him cry. :cry:

First day back to work, my mom said LO kept choking when she gave him the bottle, so they came out for me to BF him... Come to find out, she gave him the bottle fully tilted up! :dohh: Had to explain that gravity was making the milk run too fast...

Thank Heaven they don't remember this so well... They might not like us, as adults, then! :haha:

Oh this changing bag convo reminded me of the time I took my baby for a feed in town and while he was sat on my lap, he squished a poo out. No problem I thought, until I stood up and saw that it had leaked out and was all over my jeans. I had to take them off and wash them in the toilet and then try and blast them dry with the hand dryer. Then walk home with a large yellow stain on one leg. Gross! I hadn't packed a spare pair of trousers for myself of course!

LOL this is exactly what happened to me when I took LO into work to meet my colleagues at about 8 weeks old! I took him into the coffee room to give him his bottle and he went there and then, I stood up and it was all down my leg! I quietly slipped out of the office hoping no one saw me with a big poo stain on my leg! xx

I think my main one is being over zealous when baby starts to take a poo. So I go to change only to find him continuing to go while changing him, or two mins after changing him having another one. This happened on more than one occasion. We have now learnt that normally he has three on top of each other, and to leave it five mins before changing. Its saved us a fortune in nappies!

Slept with my hall light on, and gave my dad a key to my door, just in case... That lasted about two weeks, and my dad would actually come check up on me, early in the morning. :p

I've put a onsie on backwards, more then once.

Finding out later that he'd been crying from a dirty diaper, and I'd gotten mad at him. Felt SO guilty, afterwards.

Catching LO's leg in an odd position in his Moby, and making him cry. :cry:

First day back to work, my mom said LO kept choking when she gave him the bottle, so they came out for me to BF him... Come to find out, she gave him the bottle fully tilted up! :dohh: Had to explain that gravity was making the milk run too fast...

Thank Heaven they don't remember this so well... They might not like us, as adults, then! :haha:

Perhaps this is why we have no memories of being babies... Saves us being horrified by the dick-ish things our new mummies did to us :haha:

Yeah, I recently found out that I was so colicky that my mom would drop me off at my grandmother's crying and then run away.... lol, I know I shouldn't laugh as it's not funny, but I can't help it as the same basically happened to me, I suppose it's karma. Although I'm sure I didn't mean to do it :rofl:

Yeah, I recently found out that I was so colicky that my mom would drop me off at my grandmother's crying and then run away.... lol, I know I shouldn't laugh as it's not funny, but I can't help it as the same basically happened to me, I suppose it's karma. Although I'm sure I didn't mean to do it :rofl:

My brother was like that. I got the colicky baby, and he got a baby that slept through the night from 5 weeks! Not fair!! :brat:

On one of my first shopping trips on my own with her, I went in the ladies and left the door wide open with the pram lodged in the door. Never occured to me to use the disabled.
Everyone could see me but I was desperate for a wee.

What a d***

First of all - I alwayspurposely leave the TV and lights on for daytime naps, never had an issue with my baby not sleeping, and now he sleeps right though any noise? I thought that's what you were supposed to do for daytime naps and it's working fabulously for us...?

Mine is not realizing the carseat can hook onto the top of the shopping cart... we put it in the main part and were trying to stuff groceries all around it, and then another couple with a baby calmly strolled by with their carseat neatly hooked in on top and their groceries in the cart... I just stared... lol

Not really stupid but bringing her out in the first couple of weeks was such a massive deal - it required an hour of planning and preparation at least! And that was just for a walk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->