Stupid Things You Did With New Baby

We used to strip LO completely for a nappy change, then about a week after we'd been doing that, it clicked that we just needed the bottom half naked....
I miscounted the amount of scoops of formula that I put in the pots (for when we go out) and knew I had, so I tipped the lot in the bin.... wasn't until about a month later I realised I could have just poured the formula back in the tub and start again.

You've just reminded me that when we first bought LO home, I miscounted the number of scoops of formula for her bottle...she was taking 2oz per feed at the time lol! Definitely a severe case of baby brain!

Everytime I took LO to her babysitter i would forget something. The worst tho was her bottle! I would pack her BM but forget her bottle...more than once LOL. Just too used to BF i guess :)

Yeah, I recently found out that I was so colicky that my mom would drop me off at my grandmother's crying and then run away.... lol, I know I shouldn't laugh as it's not funny, but I can't help it as the same basically happened to me, I suppose it's karma. Although I'm sure I didn't mean to do it :rofl:

Amen to the karma! I found out a long time ago that my dad would have to walk me up and down the hallway to get me to sleep...

... guess what I got to do with Elijah, the first two months? :dohh: :haha:

This has me in stitches, so many things I can relate to!! x

First of all - I alwayspurposely leave the TV and lights on for daytime naps, never had an issue with my baby not sleeping, and now he sleeps right though any noise? I thought that's what you were supposed to do for daytime naps and it's working fabulously for us...?

Mine is not realizing the carseat can hook onto the top of the shopping cart... we put it in the main part and were trying to stuff groceries all around it, and then another couple with a baby calmly strolled by with their carseat neatly hooked in on top and their groceries in the cart... I just stared... lol

I STILL can't do that carseat-in-trolley malarkey. Gave up and ordered online. Jesus, I must be Queen Dick :winkwink:

Haha I love this thread!
I remember the night I had her and was in hospital, we went off to sleep and a few hours later she woke up crying, I buzzed the nurse in a huge panic thinking there was something terribly wrong and said 'shes's crying!' the nurse said 'yes, she's a baby, that's what they do..!' I just couldn't understand why she was awake in the early hours when it wasn't morning yet..

I couldn't get the hang of the steriliser and was always ringing my OH for step by step guidance.. Wash bottles, add water, press button... It was impossible at the time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->