Stupidly upset that my midwife (with my last baby) had a baby of her own

minties

Complete
Reaction score
The midwife I had with Sophie was AMAZING. I'd like to use her again this year if we fall pregnant. I couldn't remember her email address, so looked her up on facebook. Exactly a year after I had Sophie (almost to the day, I could tell she was broody :haha:) she had a baby girl of her own.

She might not be back into midwifery any time soon, I feel so happy for her that she had a baby, it made me want to cry, but then I realised I can't have her again :cry:. My damn hormones have made me feel devastated. Here you can see a midwife for TTC and they can be a support person, and give free pee sticks etc.

I can't stop sniveling about having to look for someone else, it is so hard for me to mesh with other women and Tracey and I got along so so so well.

Stupid thread really. The fun of dreaming while WTT! :haha:

Awww :hugs: it is lovely that you had such a connection with the MW. You never know she might be back soon enough for you to have her again x

It's so lovely that you had such a lovely midwife and had such a good experience with her!
Hormones have a lot to answer for don't they!! :haha: No words of advice but :hugs:

You never know, she might be back, at least part time by then :)
I didn't have a regular midwife, but it must be so nice to build that kind of relationship. I hope you can find someone equally good :)

I know how you feel,I had the same midwife for ds1 & ds2 she was lovely,I spoke to her about my booking in appointment with ds3 but she went on sick then for the whole length of my pregnancy- I was so gutted but I got an equally amazing midwife and I hoped that I'd have her again when pregnant with #4 but she was only a stand in community midwife and she's gone back to the hospital she was working previously.

Totally know how you feel. I had such a fab midwife with DD, then she was offered a promotion so she moved to a different area. Then when I fell pregnant with DS I had a midwife who was even more fab... Then she moved to a different area too.

I just keep thinking I can't be lucky enough to get 3 amazing midwives... Lol

Thanks! Gosh I forgot I made this thread, haha. Seems silly now. She really made the difference though and was just so confident and supportive. She held me while I sobbed before my c-section with Sophie, and made sure I got everything I wanted out of the experience.

We are thinking to delay TTC as she goes back to work in 5 months. Gives me time to learn my body anyway, as I actually get periods now and want to track them.

Aww, I'm sorry that you may not be able to have the same midwife again!

If it makes you feel any better, when I gave birth to DS my OB was stuck in surgery and couldn't make it out in time to delivery him, so I had to have a different OB deliver my baby. I was crushed and uneasy when I heard the news. I had spent all of those appointments learning to trust and build a relationship with my OB only to reach the time that I needed her the most and have to be delivered by a man that I had never met prior to giving birth. Everything turned out fine though and the OB that delivered me was actually very nice. As much as I liked him though I think I'm going to stick with my original OB and hopefully she will be able to deliver my next baby. :thumbup:

You may find another midwife that you really like or even like better. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"