Subchorionic hematoma

klbp15

Reaction score
It has been an interesting couple of days. I'm 6w+4d and I've minor cramping since day one. On Monday of this week I had severe cramps with no bleeding. Just to rule out issues and ectopic pregnancy. I had blood work done and they did an u/s. I was advised all was well and normal. (my progesterone was slightly low at 18 so they did give me supplemental pills just in case) However, they called today to advise that even though everything is good I do have a slight chorionic hematoma. Which is basically a small blood clot between the baby and the uterine wall. In some cases I'll get spotting, in others it will just be absorbed by my body in others it can grow and cause the placenta to disconnect from the wall. So basically they put me on pelvic rest for the first trimester at least.

Weird thing is I've never bled, not a speck, does anyone else have experience with this. I'm trying to not worry as everything else seems normal but it is a bit concerning

My molly is 1 and I had a sub. Never bled. I'm now 10 weeks pregnant and had pains and bright red bleeding from 5 weeks to 7 weeks . baby is fine I was scanned at 7 weeks with HB . and I can now get HB on Doppler. I didn't worry because its so sad to say but what will be will be I had a mc at 13 weeks at Xmas and nothing I did would of stopped that. Pls don't wry . there's so many outcomes and I bled and my baby is still happy in there xxxx

I was diagnosed with an SCH at 12 weeks, after suffering a large bleed. I was initially told that I was losing the baby but a scan showed that he was fine.

I bled continuously from weeks 12-16, before it eventually stopped. I've several scans since as they've all shown that it is still there, although it has got smaller. At my 20 week scan, they told me that there was no active blood flowing through it, so it had likely sealed itself and would come out during the birth.

I'm 24 weeks and haven't had any problems since the bleeding stopped at 16 weeks, so I'd say that if you doctor doesn't seem concerned, try not to worry about it x

I had quite a big one at 7 week scan, had disappeared by the 12 week scan x

Thank you everyone for the replies. I'm feeling okay about it right now if I end up bleeding I'll probably be more concerned but it seems like lots of people deal with this and have babies that are healthy :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that its gone the next time they scan me

I was diagnosed with two last week. When I went for a follow up us yesterday it showed that one was completely gone and one was half the size. I have had no bleeding luckily although they told me last week that I could expect some and not to worry.
They say they are very common (20-40% of pregnancies) and most of the time harmless. Take it easy if you can.

I had 2 of them at week 5, and I bled until week 10. I still have one on my latest scan, but am not actively bleeding. Babies are both fine and measuring farther and farther ahead each scan.

With my last baby I had my 12 week scan and the discovered that I had a SCH that measured 10 cms across. I didn't have any bleeding or pain but the sonographer said it didn't look very good and off I was sent on my way. Didn't get to see a consultant or anything!! I was so stressed and upset that my husband booked me a private scan 2 weeks later and guess what?
They saw absolutely nothing there and baby was completely fine x

Thank you for your posts, just glad to hear from other women who have dealt with this. I'm hoping it goes away quickly and I can get off this pelvic rest. I'm trying to be good and relax (avoid sex and strenuous exercise etc) but hoping this goes away quickly so I can get back to my normal routine :)

I go in for my first real prenatal on Tuesday so we will see if they have any updates for me

I have a small one as well but have had some spotting since 6+2. I'm currently 8+4 and everything is going very well! Good luck to you and don't worry too much! My sister is pregnant now with one as well! Think they are fairly common!

I had one from my 6 week scan - Apparently it had gone at 8 weeks but it was close to baby so classed as a threatened miscarriage! I am still bleeding bright red now at 11 weeks. Its been a nightmare, but i'm not sure if it's linked or not. xx

I went to the er with cramps and was diagnosed with a small hemorrhage at about 5 weeks.
I was never told i needed to take it easy, I hope i didn't cause any damage. I had a tiny bleed at about 61/2 weeks.
Anyway i had an ultrasound today at 7 weeks, baby is good with hb of 139 but the technician didn't look for the hemorrhage. And said she didn't notice one.
I hope it has reabsorbed.

I had a small bleed at about 6 weeks and then a major one at about 8 weeks. I had cramping and clots- thought for sure we had lost the baby- but peanut was doing great!

I have had no bleeding the last 4 days so fingers crossed it is FINALLY starting to resolve itself. It was about 6 cms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->