Subseptate Uterus

zoe2010

Reaction score
Hey ladies. I just had my 12 week apt today and got to hear the heartbeat and it was a healthy 167! One thing that concerned me though is she told me that I have a subseptate uterus. I have a heart shaped uterus with a partial wall or septum. She said it’s nothing to be concerned about right now but when I get further along I need to keep an eye on symptoms of pre term labor. She also said babies usually end up being breech :( she did say a lot of women with this end up having healthy vaginal deliveries. It still makes me nervous though. Has anyone had experience with this? Or can anyone give me any words of encouragement to help ease my mind?

Hiya! I have a heart-shaped uterus, I don't think I have a septum though (not that I've ever been told about anyway!)
I've had two babies, both were born early... my first I was booked into have a cesarean birth at 39 weeks, but went into labour naturally at 36+6 so was given an emergency c-section. My 2nd was born by planned cesarean at 34+6 due to uterus problems... I was contracting (but not dilating) and they were concerned about rupture as the contractions were so strong and my previous c-section was only 1 year before.

Sorry my experience wasn't more reassuring... :/
On a more positive note though, neither were breach!

Hiya! I have a heart-shaped uterus, I don't think I have a septum though (not that I've ever been told about anyway!)
I've had two babies, both were born early... my first I was booked into have a cesarean birth at 39 weeks, but went into labour naturally at 36+6 so was given an emergency c-section. My 2nd was born by planned cesarean at 34+6 due to uterus problems... I was contracting (but not dilating) and they were concerned about rupture as the contractions were so strong and my previous c-section was only 1 year before.

Thanks girl! I guess my main concern was the “preterm labor” that’s what makes me nervous. I mean obviously I would love to have a normal vaginal both but if baby stays breech and I have to have a c section I’ll be ok with it.

Hi I have a bicornuate uterus but without a septum (they think) but didn’t know with my first baby, it was found after struggling to conceive this baby. I went all the way to 39+6 with him, so no preterm labour and he was born naturally and was head down. So there’s a chance all could be fine! The only problem I had was a small placenta, cord and a velementous insertion of the cord to the membranes....but nobody knows if that had anything to do with the heart shaped uterus, it may very well have caused the small placenta due to not having much room to grow, but ds was perfect so no major worry there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->