Subsequent pregnancies, engagement???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Becxi, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Becxi

Becxi Baby #3

Hi had my 35 week check up the other day, and for the past 4 weeks baby has had her head well down, but not quite been engaged. When I went for my check the other day baby was 2/5 engaged, midwife just smiled and said there was a chance she could possibly come a bit early. I didn't engage with my 2nd baby until labour and just wondering if any of you 2nd, 3rd or 4th time mums had baby engage but still went past 40 weeks??

Thanks xx :hugs:

2. vetti1979

vetti1979 Mum of Joseph & Evie

sorry didnt want to read and run, im not sure to be honest.

My MW told me that bubs head is down but only 4/5 palpable at the moment but as it is my second bubs might not engage until just before labour.

xx

3. Lalababy2010

Lalababy2010 Well-Known Member

This is my first and the baby's been head down since 27 weeks.. And last week the head was still floating head down.. And had my midwife appointment on Thursday, and the baby is now 3/5ths.. So not bad going in just a week :) I don't know if this is normal for 37 weeks, but I personally believe he'll be late, but I have been getting pains etc. But my midwife told me the baby can be engaged for weeks and still be overdue. X

4. Becxi

Becxi Baby #3

Thanks xx

5. becky789

becky789 Pregnant - 1st trimester

Im 41+1 second baby and he was 2/5 engaged at 38 weeks, im still waiting! x

6. lalalistic

lalalistic Mum to Poppy

My LO has been engaged for weeks and fully engaged for a week and still nothing. This is my second baby. I cant believe it. I was sure he was going to be early.

7. zoella

zoella Well-Known Member

I'm having my 5th baby and head has been fully engaged since 37 weeks. I had a sweep yesterday too and midwife says I'm 2cm dilated and she felt baby's head, but it hasn't worked!! I still don't think she's in any rush to come out! lol.

8. scrumpy78

scrumpy78 Pregnant Due April

My friend was engaged for 38 weeks with her 2nd but still went to 14 days over and induction.

9. Becxi

Becxi Baby #3

Thanks for the replies ladies, just guess she will come whenever she's ready lol x