Success stories with a blood clotting disorder needed.

Mrs Reineke

Reaction score
I'm 31 and my husband is 33. We are trying for our first and I have had 2 early miscarriages. One at 5 1/2 weeks and one at 6 weeks. I have been able to get pregnant easily, just can't seem to stay pregnant. So I have bothered the crap out of my doctors to do some testing even though they typically won't do any testing until after 3 miscarriages. Here's where I stand...

I have Factor V Leiden heterozygous (blood clotting disorder), which I knew about already.
Just found out I have slight Anticardiolipin antibodies which is another blood clotting disorder.
Thyroid-normal
FSH-normal
AMH-normal
Estradiol-normal
All other blood clotting tests-normal
Getting progesterone tested tomorrow.

I have read online that with blood clotting disorders it can cause early miscarriage due to tiny blood clots stopping the supply to the baby and therefore causing it to miscarry. Well I have never been on anything for this previously, but we are going to try again the middle of December, but I have started taking baby aspirin, Omega 3's and a prenatal vitamin that my doctor prescribed me that has more folic acid in it than what you can get over the counter. The blood doctor told me that as soon as I get pregnant again, I will need to have the Anticardiolipin levels checked again, because they tend to rise in pregnancy and if they do I will be put on Lovenox. This is scary news, but I'm hoping this may be the cause of my 2 miscarriages. Please if anyone has success stories that have had this same type of situation, I would LOVE to hear them. I'm in need of some encouragement right now. I'm excited to try again because I'm hoping we might have figured it out, but terrified because I couldn't imagine going through another miscarriage.

My aunty had a still born got tested has thrombophilia. She had few miscarriages found out she has factor 5 laiden also. She has a 11 yr old now had blood thinners and reg checks threw out pregnancy. Everyone in your family needs to be checked for it also since u have it. Just wanted to say good luck with reg monitoring and right blood thinners should be fine

Thank you so much for sharing traylee01. I really appreciate it. :hugs:

I am cardiolipin positive. I had only 1 mc, but since am from India I got it checked there.

My first preg ended in a mc 7 years ago, I was told it was a blighted ovum, but I think it was because of my hormones. When I had my DD, I traveled to my moms place in India, as my doc here refused to put me on any aspirin.
I was in n aspirin for first 3 months of pregnancy and she is a healthy 5 year old now.
I am pregnant again now about 7 weeks, my I OBGYN refuses to put me on aspirin until he sees a hb !! Which Is rubbish!!! I need aspirin to sustain this preg! I had a streaks of blood in my CM 10 days ago; ended up with an early scan which showed an only 5 weeks.
I Dunni why my doc is so neg abt this preg..... I just hated it when he told, it could go either way... Such a pessimist

Hey Mrs. We meet again.... :haha:

You know I have clotting disorders but I'm not sure you know my history. Yes I've had sixteen miscarriages as well as a stillbirth, in a row, but I had my oldest two without any medications what so ever. Then I had my first stillbirth (that was because of no waters for eight weeks compromised the placenta!) and then I had a rainbow baby, I was on 40mg clexane and baby aspirin with her. I know my history after that SUCKS but it shows even with awful blood like mine (I'm now on 160mg of fragmin a day, as well as two baby aspirin and they suspect that may need to go up later in pregnancy), it can be done. :hugs:

Hi I am half way through but mightgive you some hope. I had 3 mcs and testing showed slightly increased anticardiolipin.started mg folic acid then baby aspirin, clexane injections and progesterone when got my next bfp.stopped folic acid 5mg at 12 weeks just normal prenatals now, stopped progesterone at 17 weeks but have to continue with baby aspirin and clexane till the end of pg. I am 19 weeks now with a little girl on the way. I do believe the drugs helped us. I was on baby aspirin the previous pg and the dr said it was not enough.
good luck to you, I hope you get your rainbow baby. x

Thank you ladies so much! You have no idea how much it means to me that you've shared your stories. It gives me hope. :hugs:

Keerthy, can you not just buy aspirin at the store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->