Success stories with Male Factor Infertility

Lollicatt

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My hubby and I recently got his results back from SA that his mortility and morphology is low - and count is on the low end of normal. I'm having a hard time finding threads in here referring to MFI so I was just wondering if anyone had success stories to share? Any success stories would be appreciated, whether natural, supplements, lifestyle change or IVF/IUI. I'm looking for support and feeling a little hopeless.

Lolli

I would like to know aswell, in a similar boat to u. Waiting for a referral to fs at the mo but it's already been 4wks and no referral yet.

Bless him tho he's started himself on macca pills and has stopped wearing boxers lol

I think they have to do at least 3 sa's to compare coz they can't get a true result off just 1 analysis

Xx

Hi Lollicat

We have male factor infertility, low morphology. I cant remember the exact numbers but in general he has lots of sperm just barley any swimming. We tried for 25 months never got a natural BFP. We did 3 IUI and got pregnant the 3rd time & trust me by the 3rd try I had givin up. His numbers were so low it seemed impossible, I had even went ahead and booked a follow to talk about IVF.

IUI #1 Total swimming sperm 250,000
IUI #2 Total swimming sperm 340,000
IUI #3 Total swimming sperm 2,660,000 BFP

Male factor here too with successful IUI. Morph was really low, like 1% and motility and count were not great. We tried one IUI naturally which didn't work and were successful with femera and trigger on our second. I absolutely thought we were out that cycle when I heard the count, too - it can work!! GL to you!

Same here, my DH SA was horrible, after many supplements it improved alot and after 3 IUI's we were successful. Our 3rd IUI was actually his worst count (we had bd the night before). We were going to be moving onto IVF the next cycle.

This is a partial success story only in that we are waiting to have IVF with icsi , however after a vasectomy reversal and at least 3 SAs with 0% motility and very low morphology we had a successful pesa yesterday and have got 12 vials of sperm frozen!

any more success stories I am curious!!! DH has low sperm count & had surgery to improve it over a year ago.. It barely starting to get higher but I am curious to know our chances of it happening

Same here, my DH SA was horrible, after many supplements it improved alot and after 3 IUI's we were successful. Our 3rd IUI was actually his worst count (we had bd the night before). We were going to be moving onto IVF the next cycle.

Jeni - Congrats on you BFP, I am curious to know what supplements your oh took which increased his count?

Jeni - Congrats on you BFP, I am curious to know what supplements your oh took which increased his count?

Thank you!! Here is what he took
ConceptionXR (prenatal vitamin for men) twice a day
Maca - 500mg three times a day
Coenzyme Q10 -200mg twice a day

Hi ladies, we are pregnant!! Looks like you can conceive with a low count.
We fell the last cycle before IVF was scheduled, can't believe it :)

Yep, ours was a natural cycle which was successful, dh on vitamins since dec last year or so... What's your journey so far caz?

Hi ladies, we are pregnant!! Looks like you can conceive with a low count.
We fell the last cycle before IVF was scheduled, can't believe it :)

Congrats!! Thats exactly what happened with us!

These were my husband's SA results:

Volume: 5.2ml
Concentration: 17.0 x 10^6/ml
Total motility (A+B): 48%
A) Rapid progression: 32%
B) Slow progression: 16%
C) Non-progressive: 5%
D) Immobile: 47%

Normal
Volume (ml: ) >= 2.0
Concentration (10^6 per ml) >= 20
Total motility (%) >= 50

My FS said, although they weren't that bad, they weren't that good and it obviously wasn't enough for me to fall pregnant naturally. Well here I am with our 5 week old little boy so proof that it really does only take one sperm. We used pre-seed and had lots of sex the month I fell so maybe give that a go x

i can't believe that i am writing a success story. Dh had low sperm count with not enough volume. we suppose to do first round iui with clomid this cycle. i started clomid and went for cycle monitoring. but on iui day because of some issues we canceled it and just had :sex: and today we got our first ever BFP on cycle 12. :happydance:

by the way, i gave him vitamin cocktail:
Fish oil, B50, zinc, E, multi vitamins for men,CoQ. not all from the beginning.
good luck for everyone.

Foquita - I hope you get you BFP soon xx

Hasti & susan - yay for your success stories, just goes to show that miracles can infect happen!!!!

wishing you a h &h 9 months hasti :) where are you in your pregnancy now? How are you feeling?

Foquita - I hope you get you BFP soon xx

Hasti & susan - yay for your success stories, just goes to show that miracles can infect happen!!!!

wishing you a h &h 9 months hasti :) where are you in your pregnancy now? How are you feeling?

thank you little_R. and many congratulations for your pregnancy too. it should be 3 weeks +3. and i can't believe it yet. we want to put an offer on a house today and we have some gust tonight so could feel it fully.
how do you feel? when did you got bfp?

I surprisingly got my :bfp: on Sunday morning which was approx. 8dpo, completely over the moon! I have high natural killer cells in my Uterus, which means daily injections, tablets and intralipid infusions, but all worth it as long as this little bubba sticks. no real symptoms yet, just stabbing pains in my boobs last week , but that's it so far. hoping I feel sick in a couple of weeks though, so I know the pregnancy is a strong one...good luck with the offer on the house, how exciting for you guys! Making room for bubba huh!? ;) is this your first?

that's amazing story Little-Ratbag. and your bean should be so strong to gave you BFP that soon :happydance: or it was more than 8dpo. i have sore boobs which i though it was because of clomid and i have on and off cramps from this morning.
i wish you happy and healthy :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->