Success with Accupuncture

jwilly

TTCAL
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I know there are probably discussions on here already for this but I would like to get more information on accupuncture to aid in fertility. Is there anyone out there who feels their BFPs were attributed to accupunture?

DH and I have been trying for a year now, and so far all tests have come back normal. In the back of my mind, I know that endo is to blame (I have experienced undiagnosed stomach and pelvic pain for most of my adult life), but our RE does not want to go forward with a lap for another 6 months - 1 year. I am looking for something to help my chances in the meantime. I am somewhat new the the world of natural medicine, and I guess I'm worried about wasting my time and money.

Thanks in advance!!

I started Accupuncture with my naturopath in Feb to decrease inflammation and balance my body (among diet changes and supplements). I am wtt until May just to give my body 3 months to get stronger and healthier after 6 losses this past year. I have read so many stories where people swear by Accupuncture for fertility.
Personally, I am always cold, tired and feel crappy and since I started with my new regime the cold is gone, I'm not looking to nap every day and my head feels clearer. I know things are changing and working and I have faith this will lead us to our rainbow.
I am interested to hear success stories too and wAnted to wish you luck!

Thanks ReadynWaiting! From what I understand from the reading I have done so far, even if accupuncture does not help with my fertility, it will help me to feel better in other ways. I think that it will be worth a try, especially if it can offer some sort of relief from my symptoms. So sorry for your losses, and hoping all goes well for you come May :)

I started initially with my naturopath (training in Traditional Chinese Medicine too) because of my losses but now that I feel a difference I will continue whether pregnancy happens or not. I have been freezing most of my adult life and this is the first time I have ever not had to wrap myself in blankets while in my house.
Any tests I've had this far haven't shown issues but I know I have food sensitivities and allergies so changing my diet has made a difference too. All combined I think I'm on the path to being a much healthier me. I totally recommend it!

I started having acupuncture in the first week of January this year. I stopped taking the pill in March 2014 and ever since then have had mid cycle spotting and also spotted before and after AF. After almost 2 years of spotting and not conceiving (did have very early m/c where I didn't find out I was pregnant until it was too late), I decided to try acupuncture. Honestly, I love it. She asked a lot of questions about my history, my cycles, my diet, my sleep etc. then came up with a treatment plan. They have specific needle placement for fertility and will then add more needles depending on if any other concerns were identified at your consultation. What they do at your appointment will also depend on what CD you are on. I started on CD3. That cycle I had no mid cycle spotting nor any spotting pre or post AF. I conceived the next cycle (mid Feb) and am now 8w5d with twins. There are no twins in my family and because I produced 2 eggs, OH's family history has nothing to do with it. I can only assume that the acupuncture contributed to that (no proof obviously, just my conclusion). Besides that, it's also very relaxing and I always feel wonderful afterwards. There was a post a few weeks back asking for tips for successful conception and many people swore by acupuncture. Some I think took a few months to get their BFP, but that was after TTC for a really long time. I highly recommend it!

I have my first Japanese Acupuncture session tonight, I will let you know what I think when I get back.

There is a network of Community Acupuncture Clinics you can find online. These clinics make acupuncture affordable to everyone and are donation based. You can google to find if there is one in your area. My health insurance covers acupuncture with a $25 copay so that is awesome.

Pippylu congratulations on the twins! I will try to find the old thread for a little more inspiration. Its always nice to hear success stories.

2ducks thanks for the info! I will look into that now. Good luck at your session and let me know how it goes!

My Japanese Acupuncture was AMAZING. It uses slightly different techniques than Chinese acupuncture. I really liked it and think it will be helpful.

Thanks 2ducks! Im glad it went well. I wasn't aware that there was a difference. I will have to look into that O:)

Let me know if the acupuncture ends up working for you!

Jwilly are you close to or in Toronto? There are so many clinics to chose from. I was going to go to https://www.xiaolanhealthcentre.com/index.html but ended up finding a new naturopath in my city that also practices traditional Chinese medicine. I connect with this type of care but it is all out of pocket. I figure it's a small price to pay for my rainbow.

I am a few hours away. Yesterday I contacted a few places in my city who practice traditional chinese medicine and offer acupuncture for fertility. It is certainly pricey, but as you say, a small price to pay. In comparison to other fertility treatments (IVF) it seems worth it to give it a try!

It helped me 4 years ago TTC. I have a 3 year old! I started back yesterday! My feet are always cold (the lady said that meant my uterus is cold!). She said that 4 years ago as well and it took me 3 weeks to get pregnant. I went for a pre conception conf with my ob. He said come back in 3 months if you aren't. 3 weeks later I got a positive blood test at 11 DPO!

I'm giving it a try again!

Cach-that gives me hope. I too am cold all of the time. Since I have started with Accupuncture and the supplements it's only my feet that are still cold but even they are not daily any more. I feel like things are starting to look up!

Cold feet, cold uterus is what I've been told. My feet are tons better today! I was always cold in my 1st pregnancy!

I do so many fertility remedies something must help! Except my cycle this month is at 32 days....ugh!

Fx'd you are doing everything right and a baby is on its way!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->