Success with potty training!

Cangaroo

Reaction score
I'm so pleased! Isabella seems to have trained herself. We have had 3 dry days in a row now, and are nearly there with nights.

We've done the whole thing very gradually, first just getting her used to the potty and talking about it. We then bought her the Princess Polly's Potty book which was a great success and she started using the potty properly. She can now recite the whole story! From that point, she did really well using the potty when at home. She didn't tell me she needed to use it, but waited for me to put her on it. We were never really consistent though, as it was too difficult when out and about. Also, nursery were rubbish at putting her on the potty frequently despite my nagging! Last week she started telling me she needed to go and using the potty at nursery for the first time. This weekend, despite being super busy with a wedding and meeting up with various friends, we didn't have a single wet nappy! I was amazed! So yesterday she went to nursery in big girl pants and not a single accident. Long may it continue! The gentle, gradual approach really seems to have worked for us.

We have the Pottette travel potty which she doesn't like as a potty but is more than happy to use as a seat on a toilet. She hates sitting on a toilet directly, which I can't say I blame her for as she looks so precarious perched on a normal toilet seat! That and Princess Polly made a huge difference.

How great! We just (in the last few weeks) started putting LO on the potty chair we got her without a nappy- since they do this at her daycare already and I figured we'd just go with it. We always ask- she seems excited- nothing happens and we put another nappy on! haha. But, at least it get's her used to the concept... no rush. I think what you did was a good plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->