Success with premature ovarian aging/DOR??

ferndalegirl

Reaction score
I'm 30 years old with high FSH and seemingly poor egg quality - never had a BFP and going on 13 cycles TTC. Anyway, we're getting ready for our first injectable cycle and I'm trying to convince myself I have a chance! Has anyone with premature ovarian aging/premature ovarian failure/DOR gotten pregnant with injectables? How about with IVF?

If you did get a BFP on injectables, how many follicles did you have? I always responded well to Clomid with 3-4 follies, but it's possible I only ovulated one since we didn't trigger and I ended up with cysts.

Thanks so much. x

Hi,

I just wanted to reply to your post. I was diagnosed with Diminish Reserve (DOR) AMH .44 and FSH elevated.
My husband and I tired roughly 6 cycles with injection medications with IUI. We were going towards IVF over a year ago and were given only a 15% chance. We decided our path was Adoption with only a 15% chance.

Without Trigger Generally one is your chance, with trigger it causes all to release. When I did cycles I'd have 3-4 myself but we triggered.

Just this past Friday I found out I was Pregnant per a few home test EPT (plus/neg) and Clear Blue Digital (I am now 5.5 weeks).
Although I am leery and cautious about being pregnant, I wanted to just share with you HOPE. We have tried for 5 years and told we had almost ZERO chance on our own (as there was also male issues).

I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

PS I know it's great to hear how this can happen for others with DOR and you'll still may feel upset/frustrated; I've been there (yet still haven't let guard down)

Hi there! Just wanted to say thank you so much for your reply. It made my day! The hardest part of this whole infertility struggle has been the not knowing, and reading success stories is really the only thing that keeps me holding out hope.

Congratulations on your BFP! I can only imagine how exciting but utterly nerve-wracking it must be to experience being pregnant after years of infertility. I know I'd keep my guard up too, I think it's only natural. Fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy and a sweet baby to come home with you. Wishing you all the best. :)

I'd also be interested in any success stories. I have high FSH and we also have sperm issues. Been TTC naturally for years and had IVFs but I did not respond well to stims, we had a bfp but it ended in chemical. Have to say that doctors think we have better chances of getting pregnant naturally than via IVF because of high FSH. I do not know what to think anymore, have tried everything to improve egg quality but not sure anything makes any difference. would love to hear about high FSH ladies getting BFPs

At age 35 i had an amh result of 0.51 after 18mns ttc, we were totally gutted, we went straight to a fertility clinic with a view to trying ivf asap and they repeated the amh (now 2mns later) and still low but 3.1 (i d been having acupuncture) I didn t know it but i had actually already concieved naturally that month and my son is now nearly 3. Fast forward to now and we are ttc no 2, due to breastfeeding my periods didn t return for 2 years but soon as they did and were back to normal a luteal phase we got our 2nd bfp after only 2mns. Sadly i miscarried at nearly 10wks in april but at the scan after to check all was clear i was told i had lots of follicles on the right and this was a good sign of ovarian reserve (this was the same doc who scanned me b4 no.1 and found a low antral follicle count!). I think TCM (acupuncture, herbs and diet) has made a big difference for me. I know this is a little while after your orginal post but hope my story helps you or someone else reading it.

I have DOR. My FSH is 100 and my AMH is <0.18. I only made one follicle per month on Femara and all three cycles were bfn. Then the following month I conceived naturally. Unfortunately I miscarried. I just did my first round of injectables. I did 300 IU of gonal f, only made one follicle, and was bfn.

So the encouraging news is that I was able to conceive. The bad news is I can't seem to do it again...yet.

I could use a dose of hope right now too.

Good luck to you! It sounds like you will respond better than I did to meds. I'm curious why you didn't trigger so you could get all your eggs out every month?? Trying that would be much less expensive than buying injectables.

I am an old BnB member but have been MIA for a long time as I was really stressed.

I am 37 years old and was diagnosed with high FSH (14) and DOR (amh:0.35). We had tried 4 IUI rounds, two with clomid, and two without meds. No success there. I had two hysteroscopies to have a persistent uterine polyp removed. After my diagnosis our RE said our best chance was with IVF. He followed a really aggressive antagonist protocol with high dosage of meds. 300 IU menopur and 225 IU Gonal-F. I produced six follicles and we got 6 mature eggs. 4 of them were fertilized (without ICSI). One of them didn't look very good on ET day, and we transferred three, two of which were of an excellent quality. Fast forward two weeks later I got a BFP with a huge BETA number and I am now about 10 weeks pregnant with twins! Today I had my second ultrasound and all seems good.

We had been trying for three years and also had some mild MFI. DH was on antioxidants and l-carnitine since December which helped his sperm. I was on a lengthy list of supplements, Vit-D, Ubiquinol (during stims I was on 900mg per day!), Zita West conception multivitamins, Vit E, Krill and Calamarine oil, 3mg of melatonin (only during stims) and on 25-50 mg DHEA (didn't wan't to take more my levels were high). I forgot to mention that I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and a mild blood clotting disorder. So, my RE had me on steroids, antibiotics after EC, two intralipid treatments and a daily heparin injection starting on ET.
There is a new book by R. Fett, "It starts with the egg" which I recommend to all women with DOR. We might not be able to affect the number of remaining eggs but there's definitely so much we can do to improve the quality. I followed her guidelines to the letter. I did my best to eliminate chemicals and toxins from my life, and followed her advice on supplements. Upped my protein intake during stims, and tried to minimize the starchy carbs.

I also had some acupuncture sessions during the attempt and have been following a hypnofertility program for about a year now, which I highly recommend. Hypnosis helped my change my attitude and believe it was possible. I had been through so much disappointment, sorrow, bitterness during the ttc time that I needed help. My hypnotherapist helped me to be more positive and believe there was a baby for me somewhere out there...

I didn't experience the ivf as a negative procedure. OK, it was very tough, but I managed somehow to find strength and believe it was possible to have a baby at the end of it, although the initial prognosis wasn't very good. All the imagery exercises helped me visualize my babies and was so moved on the ET day. I had started knitting a baby blanket and during the transfer I was imagining my babies snuggling in my uterus under my blanket, trying to forget that I was in the surgery room.

I am really sorry for the lengthy post. I hope it can be of some help to those who need it. I hope every woman longing to be a mother to be able to be one. Everyone who wants to have a baby should have one. It might be more difficult for some of us, but there might be some good in that. The ones who struggle appreciate things more, sometimes even before they have them! Good luck to all!!!

It CAN happen!
I was TTC for two years. My OH's sperm was fine, I didn't have any obvious problems. I had an exploratory laparascopy and they found and removed endometriosis. After that, still nothing.
I got referred to a FS and I had my blood tested for hormones before going to see him. I was devastated. My FSH was 23...
He still took me on and put me on 25 mg of clomid. My FSH was 19 that cycle. To my surprise, I gor pregnant anyway and my son is almost a year and a half old now.
We started TTC again when he was 6 months old (I got my period back 9 months after giving birth). I stopped breastfeeding when he was a year old and took 25 mg of clomid again. I got pregnant right away but unfortunately it ended with a miscarriage at 6 weeks. I never even got another period, I got pregnant with my rainbow first. I'm almost 17 weeks now and it all looks good so far.
I'm 36 years old.
I wish you ladies get your little ones soon, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"