Successful pregnancy after missed miscarriage anyone??

Ozziemum

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, hope you don't mind me poping over from the first trimester :flower: but i just really wanted to see if anyone here is having a healthy pregnancy after conceiving again straight after a missed miscarriage or whether i have just set myself up for more heartache?

I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks in March, baby only showed as 9 1/2 - 10 weeks at 12 week scan. I had a D&C two days later, then waited two weeks and started bding again, hgc had dropped within 10 days of D&C. I had my AF exactly a month to the day of the D&C although it was extremly light, nothing like i expected.

I couldn't figutre out when i was ovulating at all, no signs or anything but sure enought I had my BFP last week :happydance: and i should be 5 weeks and 4 days today. I know none of you can tell me if this pregnancy is going to be ok but i was hoping for some happy stories to give me some hope!!

Sorry this is so long xx Best wishes to all

I didn't have a missed miscarriage, but I did have a miscarriage at 6 weeks last October. I got my bfp for this pregnancy in February so it took 4 months to get pregnant again. I was a nervous reck through the whole first tri,I convinced myself it was going to happen again, but at our scan we saw a perfect looking baby, and now I can feel the baby and will find out in 5 days if it's a boy or a girl :)

Just because you've had a miscarriage or missed miscarriage before it doesnt mean it will happen again, yes unfortunetley some women do have these reocurring but that is very unlucky.

I'm sure everything will be ok, and I wish you good look.

You can also ask for an extra scan at 8 weeks, to reassure yourself?

xxx

I had a MC on July 7th 2007 at around 8 weeks my HCG drop from 7000 to 20 on August 28 I had a blood done as I wasn't having my period and it showed 16000 I remember the Dr sending me for an emergency scan as she thought I was expecting twins. But no just one baby and on April 2008 my daughter was born cute and healthy.

I wish you a H & H pregnancy.

I had a MMC at 13+ weeks in 2007, I got pregnant again a few weeks after my D&C, before i even got a period back. That baby is now 2.5years old!

I have good friend that had a missed miscarriage at 15 weeks (baby stopped developing at 10weeks) and she is now 30 weeks pregnant and everything is perfect with this one

Thank you all so much for humouring me!! and making me feel that there is hope with this one.

The missed miscarriage was actually my third miss in a year (two early ones April and June 10) although I am very lucky to have a h & H 6 year old DS and a h & H 3 year old DD. I am keeping everything crossed that I will be able to post my "happy story" about a sucessful pregnancy after losses in about 35 weeks!!!!

I found out I was pregnant 4 weeks after my miscarriage and this pregnancy has been perfect! Congrats girly!!! Just enjoy the pregnancy and DONT compare it to previous ones, that;s what I've learned! If you do you will stress yourself out so much you wont enjoy the beautiful gift!!! Keep us updated!!

love seeing all of the positive stories after the sad losses.

i had a mmc, and am now 18 weeks preggo.

hope all of the ladies who are PAL get to hold a healthy rainbow baby at the end of all of this! :)

I just had my d &c a week ago and am feeling so desperate to be pg again and this post gives me hope!!!

Kiki04 sorry about your loss sweetie and good luck with the ttc, sending you baby dust xxx

One of my close friends had a miscarriage at 14 weeks. She then got pregnant with twins! Completely natural twins too, no treatments of any kind. The pregnancy was so healthy and uneventful that she carried them to 40 weeks! They were both born weighing over 7lbs each and with zero issues. They are now approaching 9 months old and doing wonderfully!

these are such great stories, i'm gonna try really hard not to dwell and accept that this is a totally different pregnancy, i think thats great advice thanks.

Kiki04 - i read about your loss in another thread i am so sorry for you, stay strong you'll get through xx

I got pregnant 6 weeks after my mc in January. All is been fine with this pregnancy.

Last year I had a missed miscarriage and 3 early miscarriages and I'm now 23 weeks pregnant. I was terrified going for my 12 week scan I must say! I was so relieved to see a heartbeat and a healthy baby! Good luck x

I had an early MC followed by a missed MC the end of last year, but this time has been problem free. I have a 6 year old already.

i had a miscarriage at 8wks in 2007 then right away fell pregnant with ds1 and i had some bleeding and cramping early in that pregnancy but once we were past 13 wks then it was trouble free

I had a mmc last June but didn't conceive again until Jan, and that was IVF but so far baby seems healthy :flower:

I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in November last year and got my next BFP in Jan this year, first full cyle cfter D&C. I wont lie, the first twelve weeks are scary (as they are for all mums to be I think) but I am 25 weeks tomorrow and having a wonderful pregnancy which will fingers crossed go the whole way. Good luck to you (and to all on this thead), I hope we all get our forever babies xxx

Had a mmc at 14 weeks last July, I am now 16 weeks, everything is going really well. Until you are past the scan and seeing a h/b you know then you have a chance, I did not really relax until I was 13 weeks and had my NT scan - just wanted everything to be OK.
Best of luck and hope you have a H&H 9 months
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back