Successful pregnancy in your 40's after recurrent miscarriage?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy After A Loss' started by AliDubs, Mar 25, 2018.

1. AliDubs

AliDubs Back at it!

I know the odds are slim, but I'm looking for a sliver of hope...

We suffered 3 miscarriages within a year, took a break, tried again last fall to no avail and decided to move on. We are fortunate to have a great little girl and were at peace with it.

Fast forward to last week when I realized I was late and got a BFP...We were very surprised! 3 days later I turned 41.

I am trying to balance being realistic about my chances with having a bit of hope. I guess that's what I'm looking for here.. Has anyone out there suffered from multiple miscarriages and then gone on to have a successful pregnancy in their 40's?

2. cupolatte

cupolatte Member

Congratulations! I had 4 miscarriages and then had a successful pregnancy when I was 39. He was a little boy. I also had other children--so it certainly can happen. I will be praying for you and hoping that you have the same results that I had.

3. AliDubs

AliDubs Back at it!

That is so wonderful to hear! Thank you so much!!! :flower:

4. Classic Girl

Classic Girl HPT House Mom!

I just got my BFP and i’m 45! We can be anxious together. I’ve had 2 m/c’s and 4 chemicals.

ETA: Crap I bumped an old thread