successful sweep stories please!!!

chlojones

Scarlett-Rose 04.06.2011
Reaction score
having a sweep tomorrow hopefully, so just wanted a lil bit of reassurance and hear some sweep stories that were successful? thanks ladies! xxx

I had a sweep with my last bubba had it on the weds/thurs (sorry baby brain cant remember which day it was) and had him on the fri.

Would def have one again if needed with this bubba

Hth

aww brilliant thankyou. will they give me one at 40+1 ? plus not got usual midwife shes on hols :s xxx

:)

Tbh I don't know all areas are different I had mine at 40 +3/4 so I don't see why not.

:hugs:

40 wks 5 days I had a sweep on a Wed, went into labor hours after, hard labor the next day, and delivered on a Friday.

Here they will sweep you at 38 wks! I think thats weird.

well went today and they said they wont sweep me until im at least 41 weeks i was fuming!!! xxx

I think it's wrong that it differs depending on where you live. I'll get my 1st sweep at 40 weeks (if my cervix etc favourable of course)

I don't get a sweep till 41 weeks either so I hope it arrives before then! X

With DD1 I had a sweep on the Wednesday lunchtime (at 38+5) and she was born on the Friday evening (at 39 weeks). So it worked for me!

(The reason I had an early sweep was because I was measuring small and the consultant was concerned the baby wasn't healthy. She came out small but perfect.)

yeah theyve said my LO is small but they still wont sweep me or induce me , its really out of order if you ask me, its our babys and its not as though ive not reached me EDD !!! xxx

my dr. offered to do it today but I just opted for an internal exam (just to know what was going on) glad I didn't do it because I am only 1cm and 40% and the external exam hurt afterwards! i'm still crampy feeling, she said the sweep probably would have been pretty painful and that next appt. she would try

I had a sweep at 38+6 weeks, started contracting a few hours later, then finally gave birth two days later. What's funny is the doctor that did it told me that it didn't really work that well... :)

I've heard you can do it yourself... but I don't know much about it so I dont know if it's a good idea of not :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->