Successful VBAC after 2 csections?

LilPeanuts

Reaction score
It was hard but I finally found a midwife that will let me try VBAC after I've already had 2 csections. The only stipulation is that instead of a home birth, I can labor at home but must go to the hospital to actually deliver the baby because of the risks involved. I haven't had my first consultation with her yet but has anyone tried this and been successful? I just want what's best for the baby's safety. I feel like natural birth would be the best way after doing much research. Surgery is never a good option if it can be avoided. But I realize I've had 2 already so I worry about possible issues. Any experience with this? Advice? Thanks all!

I've not had a Cesarean, but from the reading I have done in the birth groups I'm in I would always attempt a vbac no matter how many cesareans I've had. Everyone has to make their own individual risk assessment, but from the research I've seen I feel that while yes, each cesarean increases risks for the next birth, the risks associated with another cesarean outweigh the risks of a vaginal birth.
I know women who have had HBACs after 3, 4 and even 5 cesareans.

Hi have you had your baby? I have had 2 sections then a vaginal delivery, so any questions you want to ask im here

I'm in the same boat I'm meeting with a new Dr in 3 weeks that consistently does vbac and vba2+c.. I know she's said and I've read that there really are no increased risks with vba2c but it increases slightly after 3+c..

Can anyone give me stories of how theirs went?

induced VBA2C here and it went fine. Pitocin at 7am ( i was 3cm 50%) and she was born 7lb at 9pm that night. NO issues.

I debated it with Emma for a long time. In the end I chose an elective c-section with much urging from my midwife. It wasn't what I wanted, but in the end it worked out well. I had so much scaring, and adhesions to my bowels and bladder, that a tear had formed in my uterus and it had a large opening that we had no idea about. Emma's amniotic sac was bulging into my abdominal cavity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->