Madeleine has not been well for 5 days .... she has been :

pulling at her ears
Not Eating
Bad nappies
Whingy
Temp (though it was weather :blush: )
And Yesterday / today her fluid in take went right down

So i took her to the docs i put it down to teething and being to hot :cry:

She got an accute ear infection in both ears .... i should have taken her sooner!!

she now has 4 different types of medicen and been told if in 2 days her fluid in take not up and she the same she has to go through pediatrician and ENT :(

Feel awful now i left her all over the weekend and though she was just being a grumpy bum cause of her teeth and the weather .... :cry:

Im pants :cry:

Aww Imi you arent a shit mum at all! :hugs:

Babies get whiny when they are teething and can create all other symptoms .. how were you to know that she had an ear infection. Dont put yourself down hun .. theres nothing wrong with your parenting!

Hope she feels better soon. :hugs:

your not a bad mum what so ever, when i saw maddie on saturday i thought she was just tired, and like you said teething

aww imi you are NOT A BAD MUM!!!!!!!!!!!

you are doing fantastic please please dont put yourself down!

Aww Imi, it is so easy to miss stuff as loads of things are like teething and the weather doesn't help

Don't beat yourself up about it :hugs:

She must have been in friggin agony!

I mean the doc looked at me and said "horrendous accute ear infection"

Felt like crawling under her desk :(

xxx

bless her little heart i had a ear infection for the first time ever this week and its sooooooooooooooooooooo painful

hope she is better soon

Imi, you are not a bad mum, DO NOT blame yourself. Gabriel used to get loads of ear infections,and they were never treated 'cos he'd be a bit whingey and i'd put it down to teething/being tired etc, he had no other symptoms except waxy ears. Wasn't until he was older we realised what it was.

He also woke up one night complainig of earache, i gave him calpol and sent him to bed. He got up a couple of times saying it really hurt, gave him ibuprofen, and was still crying, so was going to call out of hours in morning, he slept till lunch and got up saying didn't hurt so didn't bother. Had paed appt on the Mon, mentioned to him about ears, he checked, he'd perforated his ear drum :( how bad did i feel.

Daniel's often picked him up from school with earache taken to Drs and found he's had acute ear infection.

Last time he had earache he also had fluid running ut of his ear (sorry if tmi) i rang both NHS direct and out of hours and all they said was give paracet and ibuprofen and see gp on monday.

Hope Maddie feels better soon :hugs: for you both

I've given her all her meds and the poor lil mite passed out!!!

Not slept and she was yankin em when we put her down ....

Doc reckon she had a blood blister on the one ear drum .... it burst :(

Still feel shitty!!

xxx

Aw Imi, i would have predicted teething and the weather to- its the only problem with warm weather it can give them the above symptoms without you knowing it.

Your a fab mum, easy mistake to make :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Don't feel bad Imi, it wasn't your fault and these things happen. I know what you mean because Bethanie has eczema and the backs of her ears got sore, but I just kept cleaning them with cool boiled water and putting her cream on them, but then they got really sore and disgusting/pusy looking and when I took her to the doctors I was so embarrassed and kept feeling as if I had to explain myself. The doctor was very kind and put my mind at ease though, then I realised id done nothing wrong.. except what I thought was right!

Im sure you (and we) know you wouldn't have left it if you realised it was more serious, and whats done is done now. The most important thing is that it's being treated and im sure your little one will be feeling better in no time. :)

It is not easy to diagnose a baby ourselves babe when they can't tell you what is wrong......anyone could have easily missed it babe :hugs: you have it sorted now, that is the main thing! x

Aww hunny, you are not a bad mum. :hugs:

Maddie can't tell you exactly whats wrong, and you did what I imagine we would all do. From what you have described, I would also have said she was teething and too hot with the weather.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"