• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sudden pains in stomach, worried

Cherubim

Reaction score
Hi girls,
I'm not sure who else to ask about this.. About an hour ago I started having uncomfortable and painful cramps in my stomach. I haven't had this sort of pain down there before. I googled around, and they could just be braxton hicks contractions, but on a lot of the websites it says to contact my midwife if the pain doesn't subside after changing activity/after a short while. I sent her a message as she usually doesn't answer the phone, but I've had no reply. (Is this normal? Or do you think I have a bad midwife?)
I don't really know who else to go to or what else to do. I also feel suddenly exhausted and am about to take a nap. I also have a sudden headache. Sorry if this is all silly and nothing to worry about.. But I AM worried :-/ xx

does the pain come and go like a contraction would, or is it constant..could it be intestinal pain...like wind or constipation?
you could trry a warm bath ..
always ring MW or EPU if u are worried though...

Sorry lovely, I don't know any answers but I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure you'll be fine if you put your feet up and relax or a bit. Try and call your midwife again but also try not to worry. Drink sone water for the headache, dehydration can make you feel lousy. Big hug, get well soon hon :hugs:

does the pain come and go like a contraction would, or is it constant..could it be intestinal pain...like wind or constipation?
you could trry a warm bath ..
always ring MW or EPU if u are worried though...

It comes and goes, which I haven't had before. MW isn't answering phone, I will try the nhs helpline though. Thank you x

i would try not to worry, i had growing pains earlier in th week and i hurt everyywhere, got so bad i had to get a shower and just stand with th warm water aimed at my tummy to relax th muscles! been ok since

but could be wind, constipation (if u not going to toilet regular) growing pain, allllsorts.

but if u reallllly r worried be best to cal midwife, my midwife sometimes doesnt answer, i sent her a text on thur and still no reply! so nt sure if she doesnt work them days i cant remember. i know when she wasnt working one of th days i rang the hospital and spoke to midwife there just to put mind at ease

xx

I've never had Braxton Hicks personally, but I understand they can be painful so it could well be them. What have you eaten today? As one of the pp's suggested, it could be indigestion? Good luck hun, let us know how you get on xxx

I had similiar earlier this week, was really uncomfortable and had strange pains but I took some rennie deflatines and some paracetamol and it seemed to settle it- put it down to trapped wind lol hot water bottle helped too! I've been ok since but if you're worried then keep trying midwife xx

Braxton hicks are more tightening than actual pain. It could very well be intestinal. It can make you worry. I have had a really sore stomach before and it has worried me. Remember everything has been pushed up and squashed so it may feel different. I would contact nhs and see what they say. Chances are though its not anything to worry about. x

Where in the stomach are you feeling the pains? As soon as I get pains in my abdomen I panic but then I start to pay attention and I realize it is only one one side, in my groin, above the belly button or some other area my uterus is not and then I realize it's probably not directly related to the baby or something being wrong. Also, I get shooting pains throughout my entire abdomen just before my bump gets another growth spurt. They started at about 14 weeks for me. Then I popped. Between weeks 11 and 13 I had gotten awful pelvic cramps as well. I think it's part of the process....

Definitely get checked out if you're concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"