Sudden separation anxiety at 22months

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
Did anyone else's LO go through a vey clingy stage at 22 months or there abouts? Driving me nuts!

Yes! Ciara hit this around that age. We hadn't really had any before this. Is still a bit clingy to me now at 24 months but not as bad.

Yes Ashley was very separation anxious at that age.

Yes, we had that too at that age. I put it down to giving up breast feeding but it sounds like its a normal phase. Still a bit clingy but not so bad. X

Oh I'm glad this is normal! DS has been very clingy all this week and is suddenly terrified of noises that have never bothered him before, the Hoover, cars, washing machine, loud voices etc. Are anyone else's LOs scared of things all of a sudden?

Oh I'm glad this is normal! DS has been very clingy all this week and is suddenly terrified of noises that have never bothered him before, the Hoover, cars, washing machine, loud voices etc. Are anyone else's LOs scared of things all of a sudden?

Ciara seems to be afraid of people clapping lately!

My LO has been really clingy to me and seems to not want his dad so much, which was strange to me bc he loves playing with DH. Then I looked his mouth and found 2 top canines are breaking through the gum! I'm interested to see if the clinginess will stop after the second tooth finishes cutting through. Just throwing the teeth possibility out there!

I've no idea but Thomas is currently going through this. He goes to a disability nursery once a week for 2 hours. It has been torture and the staff have said he has separation anxiety and we will work on a gradual retreat over the next few months.

He is absolutely fine at home and with other people.

Good luck I hope your LO comes out of the phase soon.

I agree teeth could play a part. Ciara is getting 2 year molars.

I work in childcare and I get this aaaaall the time. It usually doesn't last very long, a few months mostly. But some children are more sensitive than others and have longer phases of it and that's fine, too. As long as it's okay for them to be scared, while at the same time trying to help them to be less scared I have never met a child that didn't get over it :) Even if it can drive parents crazy! ;)

Luckily he seems to be a little better already. Touch wood. Still won't let me pee alone though lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->