Suddenly feel unprepared..

JessiHD

Mummy to Joshua :)
Reaction score
I've got to 25 weeks now and I suddenly feel really unprepared for motherhood! I don't know why. Does anyone else feel like this?

Awwww i can relate.

When i had my first, i honestly thought i was ready. That was until my waters broke and i was sat on the toilet looking at the water everywhere thinking "oh my god, this is it! Im going to be a mummy and have to be responsible for someone else!"

5 hours later i was and i love it.

(((hugs)))

oh god yes!!! I think all the time how am i going to cope how am i going to take care of a baby what if im not good enough as a mother, what if i have no life whatsoever after shes here and lose contact with my friends what i still need to buy. Then i look at her little pile of clothes and get so excited and cannot wait to meet her :) its a rollercoaster of emotions i think is completly normal and will all fall into place when LO is here

xxx

I haven't felt prepared yet. I doubt I ever will, but I'm ok with that. I'll make sure to ask for the manual when they deliver the baby. ;)

I am in denial and I like it here :) I do get on emotional roller coaster, but most of the time I feel like I am only *hypothetically* having a child, not for real :) I don't even think I am not prepared, I know I am not !! :)

''Hypothetically having a child''...hahaha...I like that phrase. :)

I did NOT feel prepared when I had my son at all, and I'm truly not sure there's a fool-proof way to feel prepared. Sure you can take classes, read books, have all the information on hand you could possibly imagine, but it really doesn't help the overall sensation of treading unknown waters.

I think for me, the anticipation of not being prepared was worse than the reality (like a lot of situations seem to be for me). Once I actually had my son in my arms, I just took it on a minute to minute, day to day basis, and just cycled forward from one feeding to the next, and found that things seem to fall in place naturally for the most part. I did ask some questions and check a few bits and pieces out, but I found that the reality of having the baby wasn't quite as nerve-wracking as I thought it might be.

Having said all that, I am now having my second child, 7 years later, and I find myself revisiting many of the same thoughts, wondering if I'll manage and ''have it all together''. So I'm not sure the feeling ever goes, lol..I think it's intricately tied up with excitement and anticipation in many ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->