Suddenly measuring big (emergency scan??) and e coli

Glitch

Mummy and expecting!
Reaction score
Potential TMI

So... since early in the second trimester I mentioned external itching to the midwife. She mentioned maybe external thrush but didn't seem worried.

Didn't seem quite like thrush as I've usually had it - no "thick cottage cheese" or anything.
I got a few different home tests for thrush and all came back negative. Didn't want to stick a pessary up there if not needed so just used creams like Vagisil (though it didn't do much).

About a month or two ago they said they'd found thrush in my urine sample.
Cool, we know it's thrush now so i can go ahead and get a pessary.
seemed to come back again, did another pessary.

Today the midwife asked if i'd heard from my doctor about e coli in last visit's urine sample.
I hadn't heard anything, but after that she didn't mention the word e coli again and just said potential urine infection. Apparently I should hear back on monday and if there's still a problem it might be antibiotics.

----

Then we did measurements.

(They originally said I was due end of November, but pushed back to 6th December at the first scan)

Baby's been measuring slightly big since the first measurement - but only slightly above the line.
Today suddenly she's jumped in size quite a bit, apparently.

So they're putting me in for an emergency scan and if I haven't had a phone call tomorrow saying when to come in, I need to call them to chase it up. But they're hoping it'd be as soon as friday.

Apparently she's not worried, but she didn't exactly seem not worried :shock:

Has anyone had anything similar or have any idea what I should be expecting?
I can't really express concerns to OH because he panics worse than I do #-o

Not sure about the first part except maybe BV? I know skin gets super sensitive and dry down there from the estrogen increase. But how are they measuring you? Fundal height? If they're going by that it's usually pretty inaccurate, I usually measure right at, then I measured ahead by almost two weeks then back to right at then a few days ahead.

If they don't seem too concerned I would try to use that as reassurance... I know, easier said than done, but it is some consolation. Fingers crossed for everything!

I’m unsure about the first part but,,in terms of the second,I had accelerated growth after 28 weeks and was sent for a scan at 35 weeks-it was confirmed I have polyhydramnios ( excess amniotic fluid)- I had a GTT test and a torch test to test for all sorts of infection,but all came back negative,so no identified cause. Just a huge,uncomfortable tummy!

Hope everything goes fine for you! They will always want to be safe rather than sorry.

I had e coli in my urine which turned into something called pyelonthritis. I then ended up with septicimia and nearly died. Please get your antibiotics asap. Sorry. I'm not trying to worry you. Just thinking of you xxc

Had a call back today saying they've found no e coli or other infection in Wednesday's urine, so that's good.

Got called in for the scan yesterday and they estimate baby already weighs 7.5lbs at 36 weeks (DS was born at 7.15lbs at 42 weeks and caused a lotttt of damage down there, half of which never went back to normal) so I need to go in for testing for Gestational Diabetes.

I was looking at symptoms and things and all of them are things i've complained about, I don't understand why I wasn't sent in for testing sooner as I've been ticking all the boxes :nope:

That's great news there is no ecoli or infection.

Fingers crossed for the results for gd :hugs:

Good that there's no e. coli! Hoping your glucose test goes okay... were you not tested at 28 weeks? I've heard it can develop later on in some ladies, too.

My son was born at 37 weeks weighing 9lb. I didn't have GD or anything, he was just a big baby. Their estimated scans are also way out a lot of the time. Try not to worry, if baby needs to come soon they're fully cooked anyway x

True. My son was almost 10 lbs but I was completely healthy. They are all their own size :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->