Suddenly refusing vegetables and home cooked food

lawyer81

Reaction score
I weaned my LO a few weeks ago now and she was doing really really well until this week. I made lots of home made puree and put it in the freezer for ease and she ate everything I gave her. I have given her powdered and jar food on a couple of occasions and now she is refusing to eat my food!

Also, the jars I have given her have been fruit and it seems she now has a preference for fruit over veg. Anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you get past it?? I really don't want her eating powdered food and jars on a regular basis which is why I spent hours making puree!!!

Thanks ladies! xx

I've only just started weaning my LO, so i'm not speaking from experience but how about mixing the jar ones in with your own and then slowly increasing your food & decreasing the jars?

I think it says in my annabel karmel book that parsnip goes well with apple... so try to find combo's that may work like that? Or even try giving her sweeter vegetables, like sweet potato, parsnip, butternut squash etc...

ETA can you make your own fruit purees?

Thanks :flower: I have made some fruit puree so might try that this evening with some baby rice.

:dohh: I knew I shouldn't have used shop bought food!! lol

Well it's a warning for me! I got some baby cereal through the post from C&G - no way i'm going to try it now!!!!

I think if you go with the fruit for now, then maybe start mixing it with the savoury. You'll soon use up all your frozen purees :D Then hopefully you'll be having to make more cause your LO will realise Mummy's food really is best :D

I don't know much about purees as we blw but as louppey said really, do some fruit and veg combos and gradually increase the amount of veg and reduce the amount of fruit x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->