suddenly v uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by whiby, Apr 18, 2009.

1. whiby

whiby Well-Known Member

hi everyone
    I've been incredibly lucky through this pregnancy, no sickness, no cravings, no aversions, nothing. I've been feeling absolutely fine up till last night, but all of a sudden it feels like i have a bowling ball in my pelvis! It's so uncomfortable. I assume it's normal, and I've probably been lucky to get away with not having it for so long, but do you think it means bean has started to engage? When the mw checked me last Friday she said the head was at the brim of my pelvis. Just wondering if it has started to move down properly now? Any thoughts?

:hug:
    xxx

2. pixie87

pixie87 Well-Known Member

yer i started feeling uncomfortable at that stage too! the presser u feel is probably the baby engaging as i had the same and next week doctor said he'd started to engage :) and believe it or not i find walking helps, its uncomfortable at first but i feel much better afterward! :hugs:

3. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Yep sounds like bubs has started to engage x

4. whiby

whiby Well-Known Member

ARGH! That's terrifying and exciting all at once!!

5. Mrs Muggy

Mrs Muggy Well-Known Member

I'm feeling exactly the same as you! I've been feeling fantastic up till the start of the week and now I feel like I got a 20pounder in my belly lol. I had midwife on Tuesday and she also said that he wasn't engaged by his head was down there...Somethings happening tho as his movements feel different and they hurt me lower down sometimes.
    Not long for both of us how exciting!!!
    xx

6. lu-lu2009

lu-lu2009 Expecting a boy! 35 weeks

my baby's head went down last week and sounds like yours has now too :) my midwife said hes done 3/5 (whatever that means lol) your right about the pressure but my heartburns eased off a bit thats for sure xx

7. Ravelyn

Ravelyn Well-Known Member

Did you also start to feel nauseous, extremely tired, crampy?

I am not feeling all that great today... dont' know if its cause I overate at the Mandarin (chinese buffet) last night and have severe indigestion or if the baby is engaging. I had SEVERE BH last night that woke me up a couple of times. Just don't feel right today.

8. whiby

whiby Well-Known Member

I'm not nauseous but I am tired because I can't get comfortable any more (again this is a recent development, I've been fine otherwise) and as a result of being tired I'm very moody!

As long as it means everything's happening as it should be that's fine I guess, can't wait to meet our bean now!

9. ruth222

ruth222 Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2

Due day before you! I felt nauseous last night was throwing up at 5am for no apparant reason, and woke up with painful BH then needed to be sick!! Oh yes and crampy and tired and so moody!

To the OP I was also thinking he was engaging as feels like a large bowling ball in my pelvis all of a sudden like you, I was just gonna ask this question myself!

10. cybermum

cybermum MUM TO 2 BOYS.

Mine was like that when he started to engage,still hurts sometimes but walking does help.
    My MW said he is 3/5 engaged right now.
    I do the Pingu walk,LOL

11. whiby

whiby Well-Known Member

I think it must be that because I tried walking earlier and it did ease off a bit. :)