Suffering with thrush. Can't any one give advice

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies im 13+1 and i started suffering with thrush yesterday. I am extreamly uncomfortable and the chemist won't give me any cream until I speak to the midwife.

I'm wondering if any one else has suffered during oregnancy and if you have used the creams? I don't know if they are safe?

I'm also was ordering if there is any natural remedies that work in treating it ? And does anyone knew fi I don't treat it will it clear up naturally on its own?

Thank you x

I had it twice in my last pregnancy. The first time I was prescribed the cream (not the pessary) and the 2nd time I just went and bought it myself. The lady in Boots got the pharmacy to talk to me because she wasn't sure whether she should sell it to me but I explained that I'd had thrush before recently and that the doctor had OK'ed using the cream and said to use it if it came back.

I went to the gp and they prescribed the vaginal tablet. The chemist wouldn't serve me either! The tablet worked really well. I got my sister to get me the cream over the weekend before I got to the gp and it didn't work. X

My midwife told me early on that the vaginal tablet and cream is okay but not the oral tablet.

With the pessary, the main suggestion was to try not to use the applicator if you can manage without and just insert it yourself but if you can't then just be very gentle with the applicator.

x

Doctor can prescribe cream and pessary. I am allergic to pessary (start bleeding), so he prescribed me vaginal cream that i can put inside as well as outside.
Remedies to try meanwhile - plain youghurt to eat and put inside

Eating yogurt can often help. But since eating sugar can make thrush worse, you'd probably want to try to find a low sugar (i.e .plain) yogurt. At least in the US, most individual serving yogurts are LOADED with sugar.

Do a (gentle) douche with white vinegar. You can dilute it to about 50% first with plain water, it doesn't burn as badly that way. I generally just use a medicine syringe of straight vinegar first, and then squirt up as much water as necessary.

It works almost instantly. Lemon juice would also do the trick, I imagine. Thrush causes the pH of your vagina to go alkaline, so using vinegar or lemon juice brings it back to acidic, which kills the yeast immediately and relieves the symptoms.

Thrush is caused by an imbalance in your gut flora, they say eating yoghurt helps only because it has a probiotic in it. Unfortunately 80% of yoghurts are full of sugar, as pp's mentioned, which will far outweigh any benefit from 1 type of probiotic. Go to the store and get proper probiotic pills which have 10+ different kinds of good bacteria - a chemist will likely have them too.

This will help get rid of the thrush without putting acidic chemicals like vinegar or lemon juice up your hoohaa. You have a baby in there, you have to be protective of that zone. Probiotics will also prevent thrush and uti's in the future (if you feel stressed again and/or eating badly). They're always good to have on hand and very safe, if not beneficial for pregnancy. Pregnancy hormones make us more vulnerable to stresses, unusual eating habits, or different environmental factors ie heat).

Get a garlic clove, peel it, stick your nail in few times and then insert it. You know its in right if you start to taste garlic in your mouth :) helped with my reoccuring thrush and gsb.

Hey I asked my midwife about this and she said the pessary and cream is absolutely fine to use but to keep away from the oral tablet as it can get into the bloodstream 😊 it's ideal to use a sanitary towel when use it as well as you may find you'll get some creamy/white discharge which midwife said is just the infection and yeast coming out, hope this helps xx

I'm also suffering with this. Would thrush cause a green discharge or is it possible I have another infection also? Thanks

Thank you ladies for your advice :)

Baby09 my discharge has had a green tinge to it too. I have been using cannestan cream since the weekend and it's getting a lot better x

You can apply plain Natural live yogurt directly. Also eat less sugar and white bread

<---what she said + probiotics

"In addition to oral or topical antifungal treatments, other natural therapeutic options include taking a proven probiotic product (such as Lactobacillus GG) to help restore normal gut flora, cutting back on refined sugars, avoiding dairy products, and eating one clove of garlic per day, preferably raw"

-https://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02853/thrush.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->