sugar in urine????? what does it mean&hav u ever had it?

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
Since being pregnatnt, not once have they found anything in my urine- well at todays appointment they found +1 of sugar, whatever that means.MW said they tend not to worry until it goes to +3, and thats when they give you a sugar level blood test!
I hear its normal to get SOME sugar in your urine during pregnancy, and that its something to do with your kidneys failing to filter properly, so sugar leaks through.
I also had shit loads of apple juice last night and the MW said that its likely to be the cause of this sudden change in my urine.That and lucazaid(cant spell that word) tend to be buggers for it;
I had a urine test done a week and a half ago, and again, nothing... but since drinking all the apple juice, some has been found, and yea, Im panicking like shit now.
Im also measuring 2 weeks ahead of time and concerned that its all connected to one another.
MW is visiting me at home on saturday to take another sample and test to see if its gone, she said she is quite confident its the juice thats done it, and does not want to let me wait til my next appointment, as I will only wittle about it.
Has anyone had this happen to them before?
I was so use to hearing that nothing abnormal had been found in any of my tests, that im really freaked out now about this small finding.
Baby is also engaged, does this mean he is going to come early?
Sorry to be a drama queen, but im rather scared now! :cry::cry:

Thats all ok louise ...

I had suger, protine and sometimes blood (if i had some infection)

Your fine and bubs is fine ... nothing "abnormal" has been detected .... tis normal hun

xxx

Did your wee return back to normal then? MW scared me a bit when she mentioned the possibility of having to do a sugar level blood test! What did they do about your wee etc:?

Also, measuring 2 weeks ahead, does this mean baby is more developped or does it not really mean much at all...?

PS: In regards to our PM session the other day. I sorted paypal ;)

Yeah I've had sugar in my urine twice. Went for blood test for gest diabetes but came back normal. It isn't unusual to experience both protein and sugar in urine during pregnancy, due to the excessive strain pregnancy causes on the kidneys, so my doctor says. :)

Yeah I've had sugar in my urine twice. Went for blood test for gest diabetes but came back normal. It isn't unusual to experience both protein and sugar in urine during pregnancy, due to the excessive strain pregnancy causes on the kidneys, so my doctor says. :)
Hey :)
U say it came back normal, but what did they do about the urine samples coming back with sugar in it? did they just leave it and do nothing (after your test came back normal) or did they advise u do stop drinking certain drinks etc:?
I had been drinking alot of Apple Juice, and today when lookin on the bottle, I see that 30% of whats in it, is pure sugar- it's the highest percentage of ingrediant thats in the drink. Ooops.
By the way, at what level was the sugar in your pee? My midwife said mines +1 and wont do anything about it until/if it goes over +3.

I remember having protein and blood when I was pregnant but it soon cleared up. I also had that a few times but the midwife said it was very normal during pregnancy as it's harder to keep clean down there as you're so prone to infections during pregnancy.

Don't worry. :)

I've had it......

I've never had anything wrong with my blood, urine or BP but (was about a month ago) they found protein in my water! At first I did think there was going to be something wrong but the MW just said to drink plenty of water & cranberry juice to flush myself out and the next visit it was fine!

If it was anything to be concerned about you'd know!

Hey :)

U say it came back normal, but what did they do about the urine samples coming back with sugar in it? did they just leave it and do nothing (after your test came back normal) or did they advise u do stop drinking certain drinks etc:?
I had been drinking alot of Apple Juice, and today when lookin on the bottle, I see that 30% of whats in it, is pure sugar- it's the highest percentage of ingrediant thats in the drink. Ooops.

By the way, at what level was the sugar in your pee? My midwife said mines +1 and wont do anything about it until/if it goes over +3.

They didn't say. All they said was they found a trace of sugar in my urine, and to go for a blood test. When it came back normal, they tested my urine again and it was clear this time. The second time they found sugar in my urine, they dismissed it saying they'll test it again in a fortnight, and they did and it was clear again. +1 is only a trace of sugar, probably the same level as me. They certainly didn't tell me to do anything different. Try not to worry hon. It's probably nothing. :)

They only start to worry i it is +3 or more ....

+1 is nothing really

xxx

Hi sweetie, try not to worry. Providing you're feeling ok its likely its just perfectly normal from being pregs! I had sugar in my urine too and turned out I had a kidney infection. But mine was plus3 AND i had been very poorley for weeks. Turned out i had a condition called hydronesphrosis which is where the kidneys swell up cus they cant drain urine properly due to an obstruction- the baby! But dont worry if you had anything like that you'd know to it! its agony to your back and tummy and makes you sick. Like i said im sure you are fine, if it was anything too serious you'd know about it by now hun. Goodluck! xx

sorry, did not read all, so possibly sb mentioned already what I am going to say.

if they find sugar (glucose) in your urine it might be an indication for gestational diabetes.

but there is no need to worry at this stage, because foods or drinks what you have taken in prior can have an affect on the result!

with my very first blood test I had raised sugar level in my blood (had eaten a sandwich straight before :dohh:) and I needed to do the mini glucose test and after the full one as well.

I was really scared at this moment, but at the end everyhting came out normal!

so no need to worry now :hi:

She said I had sugar in my urine this morning - Didn't panic because she didn't. I've bene eatting lots of sweeties lol & drinking fizzy pops she told me to cut down to diet on the pops and that was it.

lucozade is suppose to be the worst to drink in pregnancy and is a big cause of the sugar in urine when tested.

Louise has had her baby now mind but was interesting to read after my MW appointment this AM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->