Suggestions for those of you TTC

thebump2010

only five weeks away!
Reaction score
I would highly recommend using the following when you are TTC if you are not already:
  • Preseed
  • Ovulation kit
  • Baby aspirin

Both DH and I were able to get pregnant a total of five (5) times in the last 2 1/2 years! First pregnancy was a M/C at 8wk4d, second pregnancy went full-term and she just turned a year old!, third pregnancy was a chemical, four pregnancy was a chemical, fifth pregnancy is 36 weeks along and she is due any day now!

We have had quite a few friends of ours around our age TTC and after suggesting the items below, every single couple was able to get pregnant - even if it took a little longer than they originally had hoped for.

Sometimes I wonder if they actually just put living sperm in the pre-seed :haha:

Good luck to all of you!!
Jeannie

i totally agree with you after 2 failed cycles (not long i know!) i used pre-seed on the third and hey presto my bfp at 9 dpo...defo think its something they put in there!!!...lol x

Congratulations :baby:

I used preseed for awhile, it didnt help. It made me too wet. Dh didnt like it either.

I use ov kits, usually buy clearblue to detect my ovulation. I just buy one pack a month. Just use a few cheapies whenever I feel those ov twinges

the baby apsirin............dont know, never tried it :shrug:

What does Baby Asprin do? I'm waiting to get my blood test results back before I buy anymore OPKs and some Pre-seed - no point in wasting money if my ovaries aren't playing ball!

baby aspirin is used as a blood thinner. It is prescribed for women who have been diagnosed with a clotting problem. It's also prescribed to help prevent heart attack and stroke. It's serious business, so please talk to a pharmacist or dr before you start taking it, and tell him/her absolutely every drug (including OTC and herbals) you are taking so he/she can warn you of any dangerous interactions. You also have to then be careful about what you take for a headache or muscle ache (including tylenol and advil), as it can be easy to take too much in a day. It can also cause irritation and bleeding of the lining of the stomach.

I don't want to be a scare monger or start a flame war, but I work in health care and see the negative side effects of people taking something because they heard it worked for a friend. Please just talk to a dr or pharmacist before you start taking baby aspirin.

baby aspirin is used as a blood thinner. It is prescribed for women who have been diagnosed with a clotting problem. It's also prescribed to help prevent heart attack and stroke. It's serious business, so please talk to a pharmacist or dr before you start taking it, and tell him/her absolutely every drug (including OTC and herbals) you are taking so he/she can warn you of any dangerous interactions. You also have to then be careful about what you take for a headache or muscle ache (including tylenol and advil), as it can be easy to take too much in a day. It can also cause irritation and bleeding of the lining of the stomach.

I don't want to be a scare monger or start a flame war, but I work in health care and see the negative side effects of people taking something because they heard it worked for a friend. Please just talk to a dr or pharmacist before you start taking baby aspirin.

I have to say i agree with you. I think when you decide to take medication like this for any length of time, its worth checking out with a doctor of chemist. Its one thing taking it for a headache or if you have a diagnosis but quite different otherwise taking it daily.

Thanks Happy Auntie - always good to hear from someone in the know! I took soluable asprin for a while after I had a blood clot in my brain but I have asthma & IBS so I wasn't happy taking it long term so I stopped & my head has not exploded yet! I think I'll stick with whatever the dr advises for the mo!

I agree with you. Talk to a doctor. I only took the baby aspirin from the time we BD'd until I got my BFP.

Thank you!!! I had not heard of Preseed and didn't even think about what lub. to use/not use. Very helpful!!!

im taking pregnacare conception and if i took baby asprin only on the days i was fertile would that be ok?

Thank you for your post on this :thumbup:

im taking pregnacare conception and if i took baby asprin only on the days i was fertile would that be ok?

It wont do anything! The asprin is suppose to be taken all the time throughout your cycle and with some women up till a couple of weeks before delivery. Its to thin the blood and prevent blood clots happening and cutting off the supply from mother to baby through the cord. If you do happen to have a sticky blood problem and this is helping, just stopping without consulting your doc could do damage, you have to know when its safe to stop. If you suspect you have a blood clotting issue I would ask your doc to check it out, not just for getting and staying pregnant, but its something you need to know about for the rest of your life.

hi guys,
Been ttc for ova a yr now and would use any thin to help. wat is pre-seed? how does it wrk?
x

Hello!

I also have a question about pre-seed. I actually bought it as a friend of mine recommended it. I was under the impression that it is something you use if you are not well-lubricated. Is it something you should also use even if lubrication is not a problem?

I am considering starting to use it for our third cycle of trying. Any info. you can shed is much appreciated! Thank you!

pre seed is a sperm friendly lube which helps the sperm swim up to the egg it can be used even if lubrication is not a problem and just adds to what is already there.

stay well away from aspirin unless you have been prescribed it by your gp as can cause severe bleeding if you do not actually need it ,my friend took it without consulting her gp and her period was so heavy and so long she had to have a blood transfusion so please be very careful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->