****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Good morning ladies!

I literally just managed to convince myself to get out of bed and come downstairs... ahh, I love sleeping in! DH is helping his parents today (he left at 7.30!) so I'm going to run some errands, do some shopping, and probably try to do some houework (or work out a bit this afternoon!). I weighed myself this morning and I lost another kilo! Must be all the fruit/veggies I've been eating... :shrug:

I also haven't been glowing! Like foxforce, my hair has been growing more quickly than usual... but for the rest I pretty much look the same (which I guess is good... I'd rather have no changes at all than skin/hair problems like so many other seem to get). For the rest of you, I hope the skin/hair problems aren't TOO annoying! :(

@ Lilly- I had heard something about the heartbeats determining the sex but I didn't know what it was supposed to be. At our last scan the hb was around 142 I think... so maybe that fits in with my prediction that it's a boy!

Anyway... hope you all have a lovely weekend!! :)

Well my spots went away from my face but have switched to my back. Never had a spot on my back in my life lol but better than on my face.

Our hair doesn't fall out during pregnancy so I have more of it alright but the dry thing isn't nice. Really hard to get a shine. I've tried new shampoo and conditioner which seems good but I'll know in a few hours if it's really working.

Amazing how maternity clothes have lovely detail at the front but nothing at the back lol! Like we don't care what we look like from the back!

Think I might start doing some light weights to tone up my arms for the summer.

I don't know what my baby's heartbeat was at scan or mw appointment. I'll ask at 20 week scan.

X

ooo my babys heartbeat was 154 but midwife said she didnt believe in the old wives tales! (miserable cow LOL!) but with my boys they were always 140 so i have my fingers tightly crossed! i just keep thinking if it a girl i will actually get to brush her hair!! LOL!

Hi everyone, sounds like you all have busy days, but i am refusing to clean today :)

we are going to a christening tomorrow so were going shopping to get a present, then food shopping (hate it:() Later im off to my moms to decide where to book a holiday for next April :). My mom will be 50 and she wants to go away instead of having a present, so think she is going to swim with dolphins :)

Im also the same as everyone else, my skin and hair have been really dry and im certainly not glowing!

and as for the heartbeat she didnt tell me what it was and its really hard to count it on the doppler.

Lilly- i would leave your ticker its only a day, mine is out by a day but im still going by it at the min, will see what my scan says.

oh yes forgot to add im defo not glowing! dry hair dry skin and spots have returned! i look like a teenager! LOL!

Just to let you ladies know in case you didn't already, Asda are having a baby & toddler event starting 18th Jan, they sent out a leaflet to show prices and there is some good bargains to be had!
For eg.
Pregnacare Vit - £2
Johnson's Baby essentials box - £10 (i think this is normally £25 at Boots) It's full of the toiletries :winkwink:
Johnson's Toiletries - £1
Avent Microwave Steriliser - £10

hch - congrats on your onion! :dance: Wondered what was the next fruit/veg . . . . .

I've been a bit worried this lunchtime as I nearly tripped and bumped my belly to the right side and it's been aching since, should be ok it's got better but didn't feel nice at the time

awww foxforce huge hugs hun, i have caught my bump a few times especially on the door handles!! baby will absoloutly fine! :D i fell down the stairs in both my boys pregnancies and and all that was battered and bruised was me! LOL! i wonder how bad i will be when i do actually have a gigantic bump!

i hope the onion is a large one! :p

Oh dear hch that must have been traumatic to have fallen down the stairs!
Yes I'm sure bubs is fine as they are well padded in there and it is something I would be saying to patients at work so I should take my own advice lol
I think I'm going to be bumping the bump a lot later :lol:

It must be a big onion to be bigger than an avacado right hehehe

At week 15 wasn't it a naval orange? As far as I know, those are also bigger than avocado's... and some onions... hmmm...

Random question for you ladies. Does anyone know what "v-day" is? I keep seeing people posting that it's baby's "v-day" but I haven't figured out what this means...

v-day is the day the your baby is considered "viable" meaning there is a greater chance of survival if the baby is born after that date. It's at 24 weeks. Also, doctors and nurses would fight to save your baby much harder at this point, as it is finally considered human life and would be treated as a newborn instead of a fetus.

oh ALSO they dated her forward to 16w4d and that was yesterday.. i don't know if i should change my ticker though.. will wait until 20wk scan to see if they say the same xx

Not sure about anywhere else, but at my clinic they told me that after the initial dating ultrasound they will not change the due date again, no matter what the baby is measuring. this is because after a certain period all babies grow at different rates, and one week it might be arms/legs growing, or abdomen, or whatever so crown-to-rump length will vary.

Sorry I keep posting, but I keep remembering things! lol

i THINK that I felt baby move last night! :happydance: i was laying back on the couch and all of a sudden i felt a sort of bubble. then another right next to it a few seconds later. I laid there thinking OMG was that the baby? that didn't feel like gas, i'm not hungry, i've actually never felt a bubble like that before! then my eyes filled with tears and i went running to my OH to tell him. he hugged me but then said it's not so exciting for him b/c he can't feel it lol :dohh: i know some people say that with your first you usually feel movement later, but for very thin women lots of things sometimes happen earlier. i know i started showing earlier.

last night my OH also poked my tummy and was like "you should probably start thinking about using creams on your stomach because it's already stretched pretty tight and it feels so hard. look, i can even see the back of your belly button and you can never see it! you seem to have gotten a lot bigger these past few days!" so he's telling me that i'm about to get stretch marks, i look huge, and my belly button already looks like it's going to be popping out in a few weeks. :dohh:

Aw congrats Ashley. That's what I felt Christmas week (bubbles) with a day before a poking sort of feeling but not felt anything since :nope: But I think I feel something but nothing as strong as those two moments.

I have been using cream and oil since early stages I know it can't prevent stretch marks but I'm up for giving it a go. My mum never got any so I'm hoping I'll be the same! Particulary as I have a lovely big tattoo on my belly, going to interesting!

I can recommend Neal's Yard Mother's Oil, nearly finished it now, it smells lovely. Also been using Body Shop's Body Butter. Just realised your in US so may not be able to get those two items :dohh:

I'm just sticking with cocoa butter, i'm fairly certain i'm going to get stretch marks no matter what i do, like you said you really can't do anything to prevent them no matter what people/products say or swear by. my mother has them, and i even have some even though i have the body of a very young teen just hitting puberty! LOL!

Ashley, when I got my first tattoo on my hip I used to put cocoa butter on it... I had light stretch marks already in that area and when I started using the cocoa butter on it 3 - 5 times a day (just a small amount, to keep the tattoo from cracking) I noticed after a week or so that my stretch marks started going away! So I know that they say it's genetic and that you can't do much about it, but I believe in the power of cocoa butter... and I definitely think it can help!

I bought some in the U.S. the last time I was there and will definitely be using it!

Oooh foxforce... where on your belly is your tattoo? :-X I knew someone who used to have a little dolphin near her naval, and she used to joke that when she was pregnant it turned into a whale :p Another friend of mine has her first daughter's name tattooed between her naval and hip... and it also looked.... interesting.... when she was pregnant with her 2nd :) Has yours changed at all yet?

cocoa butter and all those creams can definitely help to diminish the appearance of stretch marks, no doubt! they just don't *prevent* them.

vitamin e is also GREAT for fading away marks on your skin. I had a 2nd degree burn on my face years ago (some stupid kid in highschool put glue straight from a hot glue gun on my cheek!). i had a horrible scar after my skin healed and i would open up vitamin e capsules and rub it directly on the scar. it's completely gone. I've heard it works really well for stretch marks too. that's def what i'll be using if i do end up with stretch marks because i know my skin responds well to it.

Oooh foxforce... where on your belly is your tattoo? :-X I knew someone who used to have a little dolphin near her naval, and she used to joke that when she was pregnant it turned into a whale :p Another friend of mine has her first daughter's name tattooed between her naval and hip... and it also looked.... interesting.... when she was pregnant with her 2nd :) Has yours changed at all yet?

It kinda nearly covers it Itsy - it's two Japanese style peonies, I'll post a bump pic soon and you can see it :D
Not changed yet....plenty of time!

I've been using bio oil in my bath as well as slathering it on myself afterwards - I was really lucky and didn't get any stretchmarks with my son, I have some on my hips though and bum from growing tall when I was a teenager! I've heard the younger you are the more likely you are to get them... maybe young skin?!
Ashley i'm sure you'll be fine, how tall are you? I'm tall and I never got that 'big' pregnant belly wise as I had more space in my torso (which is very long) to fit baby in..you look like you'll snap back into shape anyway!! And if you do get any stretchmarks they fade quite quickly especially if you keep at it with the creams/oils.

ooh tattoos, I was SO close to getting an angel with wings on my abdomen about 10 years ago, glad I didn't! I have a big tattoo on my back though, of a mermaid (my favourite mystical creatures.. lol)

Yeah I think will leave my ticker the way it is - I like the sound of June 28th and I've got so used to it now!

Hch that's EXACTLY what i'm thinking now I know I'm having a girl - I'm like oh my god I can grow her hair long! and plait it!! DS hates me touching his hair, or washing it - and it's such gorgeous hair! i've always thought what I shame I have to cut it all the time! Watch her be a complete tomboy (total opposite of me).
I just can't stop smiling, I have bought her 4 things now, and my mom and sister bought something today when I saw them.. That's it though, I'm not going to buy anymore, she's still so small and I'm not even halfway yet!

Hi ladies, I've been using a homemade mixture of unrefined shea butter, wheatgerm oil (contains vitamin e) and glycerin on my tummy and hips. I don't know if it will help because I have stretch marks from my teenage years so I guess I'm prone to having them.

I've had a busy day shopping with DH for the first time, we got:

Nursery furniture from Mamas & Papas for £499
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ.../type-i/?cm_re=NurseryFurniture-_-Pod1-_-Fern

Tommie Tippee CTN essentials set from babies r us for £49.99
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...ippee-Closer-to-Nature-Essentials-Set(0070825)

The Asda baby event seems to have started already at my Asda living shop, we got some nappies and a blanket. I just love baby shopping, just can't wait to know the gender so I can really get into it!

i have been to asda this evening, the baby even has def started and if you look in your packs from the midwife, in one of the books, either bounty or emmas diary i think, there is a voucher for a huggies newborn starter kit with £2.50 off. These are normally £5.00 so you get it half price, but at the moment they are £3.00 so you get it for 50p. Has a full pack of nappies, full pack of wipes and a hat in there :)

i also have a tattoo on my belly a dolphin and i joked when i had my boys it was a wale. It is a bit distorted now to be honest :( also have a nice one on my back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->