****Summer Cupcakes Bump Buddies ~ 8 BABY GIRLS & 4 BABY BOYS BORN ****

Hi ladies, I've been using a homemade mixture of unrefined shea butter, wheatgerm oil (contains vitamin e) and glycerin on my tummy and hips. I don't know if it will help because I have stretch marks from my teenage years so I guess I'm prone to having them.

I've had a busy day shopping with DH for the first time, we got:

Nursery furniture from Mamas & Papas for £499
https://www.mamasandpapas.com/produ.../type-i/?cm_re=NurseryFurniture-_-Pod1-_-Fern

Tommie Tippee CTN essentials set from babies r us for £49.99
https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...ippee-Closer-to-Nature-Essentials-Set(0070825)

The Asda baby event seems to have started already at my Asda living shop, we got some nappies and a blanket. I just love baby shopping, just can't wait to know the gender so I can really get into it!

love that furmiture set :)
the link for the steriliser doesnt work but i think its the same as the one i got the other day, such a bargain :happydance:

Ashley i'm sure you'll be fine, how tall are you? I'm tall and I never got that 'big' pregnant belly wise as I had more space in my torso (which is very long) to fit baby in..you look like you'll snap back into shape anyway!! And if you do get any stretchmarks they fade quite quickly especially if you keep at it with the creams/oils.

I'm 5'5", but I've got long legs and a small torso! this baby is going to have nowhere to go but OUT! :haha:

Hi :)

Fab day ;) can't stay long. Gotta get to bed.

Haven't mentioned the fact that have a severe pain down my left side. Side, lower back into my bum. Nice!!!! It's manageable mostly but sometimes like now it kills. It's trapped nerves/ nerve and I've been told it's normal. Everything is moving and softening and sometimes a nerve is hit. Ouch!!!!! Paracetamol helps but I only take it if I'm really bad. Lovely.

Thought I'd share my happy story lol!

Great day with my friend followed by a great night with hubby ( but ouchhhhhhhhhhh )

Night all x

Good morning. Aw I have 2 days off now with hubby. Gonna chill out as much as poss. Got my housework done on Friday and Saturday morning.

It was fun seeing my friend as she hadn't seen me since I was 8 weeks pregnant. She loved my bump. She's a childrens nurse and all of her girl friends have kids. So lots of experience. She adores shopping for baby clothes so we had a sneaky look. Awwwwwww such cute outfits about. Even the tiny newborn socks. I picked up the pink and the blue lol.

I have no flutter's yet but then I do wonder if I'd recognise them if I was having them. Still it's early days yet.

Busy thread yesterday. :)
I've been using bio-oil from when when were ttc. I love it. Haven't thought of bathing with it - sounds nice actually. I just rub it on bump and boobs after shower.
Dry hair - I always use expensive products however nothing was working. My friend and hairdresser both said about the Aussie Miracle moisturing shampoo and conditioner. I tried it yesterday and it's really good. My hair defiantly didn't seem as dry. I'll keep using it and see how I go. But only £6 for both as it's any 2 products for £6. Cant argue lol

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Lilly how was sharing your news with family yesterday?

Aw I got to have ice-cream yesterday in the restaurant which was pasteurised. Sooooo nice. They had said it was 'homemade' so I was a happy bunny when they told me it was
pasteurised. It's usually the only thing I can fit in after dinner out. Yum green veg risotto for my main meal.

Hch.... Three weeks tomorrow till our scans :) xxxxxx

Dry hair - I always use expensive products however nothing was working. My friend and hairdresser both said about the Aussie Miracle moisturing shampoo and conditioner. I tried it yesterday and it's really good. My hair defiantly didn't seem as dry. I'll keep using it and see how I go. But only £6 for both as it's any 2 products for £6. Cant argue lol

I've recently gone back to using Aussie also, it is very good, I used it a lot when I had long hair years ago as it's naturally curly. I'm using the Take The Heat Shampoo with 3 Min Miracle conditioner, maybe that's why my hair hasn't been dry :shrug:

Glad you had a good day with your friend! But not so good your getting sciatica :nope: Ice cream sound lush mmmm We had blood oranges with ice cream last night..lovely!

Anyone doing a lot of toilet visits last few days?
I'm going at least every hour night and day and it's driving me mad! I only need to think of going and then I need to!

haha foxforce, I have been going a lot more than I'm used to... although not yet as bad as you seem to have it! And I usually sleep through the night (I've only had to get up like 2 - 3 times at all in the past few months) so I'm hoping it stays that way as long as possible!

I'm visiting some friends in the U.S. next month and we're taking a car trip for 10 hours to visit another friend... and I'm just hoping I won't have to stop every hour then!

Well maybe slight exageration on night time but I am getting up four times through the night :( Seems to have kicked in this week. Got me wondering if I had a slight infection but I go to see my consultant this week so I'll get my urine checked then.
I hope yours holds off Itsy especially for your road trip! where abouts are you going? Hopefully somewhere nice and warm :coolio::lolly:

im definately going to the toilet loads! i said to my OH i thought it was meant to get better in the 2nd tri! its worse in the night! im getting up at least 5 times for gigantic wees! LOL!

Foxforce, you should definitely ask about checking for an infection, especially if the needing-to-go-more-often just sort of suddenly started. I've been told that urinary tract infections are more common in pregnancy. Although, it could also just be a side-effect... I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets better though, whatever it may be!

And unfortunately, I won't be going anywhere warm! My family lives close to Washington DC, and I'm going to visit an old roommate in Ohio (northwest, towards Canada) so it's only going to be COLDER! brrr.... here's hoping there's no blizzards or anything that would make the roads icy...

Yep......i'm having to wee all the time and much more than before. isnt it a pain when you're all cosy in bed and you have to get up! But during the day I'm constantly going.

Hope you've all had a good day xxx

oh my god i'm going to the toilet ALL the time!! Foxforce, like you i've been up to 3 times a night to go, there's not one night that passes that I sleep through :-( I also thought I maybe had a UTI but I had my midwife app today and my urine came back fine - I think baby's right on the bladder!!

I'm also a little upset to find out i've got an anterior placenta, means i won't feel the baby kicking as much! boo! It's the BEST part of pregnancy IMO... i've been feeling flutters for weeks but really low down and to the left, now that baby's bigger she's moved up and the placenta's totally in the way, I can barely feel her move anymore!

i had an amazing roast lunch with friends (one of whom is 3 wks ahead of me!!) and I am so full I could burst... yummm pork belly roast and then sticky toffee pud! yumsers! No dinner for me tonight!

Hope everyone is good, I can't believe next week we'll hit 17 weeks!! woohoo! Doesn't it seem to go much faster now we're out of first tri?

lilly i feel the same a couple of weeks ago i was really feeling flutters and movement but just recently hardly anything! i know exactly where baby is on the left in the corner so to speak! but im certain i have an anterior placenta too! 22 days to go!!

Thanks hch. The photographer asked me the morning of my wedding day what I was most looking forward to. I said when I'm finally standing opposite hubby- to-be ready to be married. This was the moment :) Xxx

Lilly my mw mentioned my placenta could be lying in front of baby cause it was difficult finding the hb. But she didn't mention anything more. Hope you're ok Hun. Xxx

Morning all

Quite excited as I've managed to get on here at work! :lol:

Hope your all well today?

You have got me thinking about my placenta now as I'm sure I felt movement weeks ago but nothing since except twinges and aches. I know when it's your first your forced to feel movement until later.
I wonder if when I go to the consultant on Thursday if they will try for heartbeat? :shrug: Suppose will have to wait for my scan on 10th Feb

It is a lovely picture Starglow and time is flying Lilly I agree.

heya ladies missed you all this weekend!!!!!
Congrats Lilly on the baby girl how awesome bet your over the moon!!! beuatiful name too!!!
hope everyone else is well???

i spent the weekend away in wales with family for my nans 60th and my great nanas 80th!! was lovely to see them!!

had my appointment with midwife today she thinks im going to have a very active bub!! was moving around like alsorts when she was finding the heartbeat!!

asda baby event is great i got a tommee tippee microwave steriliser kit and 6 bottles for £20 they were £10 each!!

3 more weeks till the rest of us can find out what we are hving :)

oh and this is bump at 16+4

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
awwww fab bump strawberry! i need to get up to asda for the steriliser! fab bargains!

i have woken up feeling poorly :( headache and feeling sick with that awful metal taste in my mouth! euurggg i hope the MS is not rearing its ugly head!

Oh boo to feeling sick you poor thing hch Take it easy and look after yourself Hun.

Great pic Strawberry :)

Foxforce I'd say they'll try finding a bb for lo.

Back in a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->