Sun Protection

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Swanny, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Swanny

Swanny Well-Known Member

Hi,

My baby is only 6 weeks old so I am not planning on purposely exposing him to the sun but when I take him walking even with the hood up on pram the sun gets in and is sometimes on his face. As it is hot today do I need to put high sun protection on his face or put a muslin cloth or something over the pram so he is hidden completely? I've done that before but had some strange looks of people lol

Thanks

x

2. MissyMojo

MissyMojo Army Wife, Mam & BFP

you can get some fab sunshades on amazon, i would see about investing in one, for today though i would put on at least facto 30, just in case

3. fidget

fidget Pregnant Mama Bear

it's a hard one. i work in a hospital and was told Ricketts is on the rise because parents are putting too much sunblock on infants and affecting their vitamin d intake. i'm not saying to go stick you little ones in the midday sun hehe but a careful balance. i don't use suncream on my bub unless he's going to be out in direct sunlight - ie if he's in the baby carrier, but if he's in the pram i chuck a muslin over because he hates the sun in his eyes

sorry,i babbled lol