Sunbeds

You wouldn't put your baby under a sunbed, it's essentially the same thing!!

As for spray tans, there are articles knocking about that advise women in their first weeks of pregnancy to avoid using perfumes and perfumed skincare products. This is because of a possibility that a combination of chemicals could possibly alter various things with boy foetuses in development.

Now no company whether it be a deodorant company or a tanning company can say this is true or that its not true because they just dont know. There are not enough studies on it yet and I dont even imagine anyone will ever know. How can you study this area? Who would allow themseves to be regularly sprayed with anything when pregnant when the study was to do with possible birth defects? Animals maybe but they are not humans!

It seems inhalation and ingestion is not a good idea which goes for numerous other products. Tan solution IS a combination of chemicals whether natural or man made.

I am a beauty therapist myself and I use fake bake products. I would not be happy treating a pregnant women and definately not in the first few weeks of pregnancy. Now thats my choice and this is my opinion. I do suggest as with anything else we use on our bodies (and others) that we can do our own research, theres plenty of it out there if you look. Noone on this forum or anywhere else can conclusively say that a spray tan cannot harm an unborn child and noone can say it does. To me - it's to risky.

Also on the asthetic side of things, hormones during pregnancy can result in very patchy tan results. So if you do choose to go ahead - be warned!!!

The baby can see light trough the stomach after week 20 or so. It sure doesn't sound pleasent for them to stare into UV light.

Tbh i don't see the value in a tan at all, but that's just me i guess.

I always used the sunbed before i got caught, but then i just stopped, i hate being pale i look ill and fake tans don't work for me, i don't want to harm the baby, i've only got another 19 weeks to wait xx

You wouldn't put your baby under a sunbed, it's essentially the same thing!!

As for spray tans, there are articles knocking about that advise women in their first weeks of pregnancy to avoid using perfumes and perfumed skincare products. This is because of a possibility that a combination of chemicals could possibly alter various things with boy foetuses in development.

Now no company whether it be a deodorant company or a tanning company can say this is true or that its not true because they just dont know. There are not enough studies on it yet and I dont even imagine anyone will ever know. How can you study this area? Who would allow themseves to be regularly sprayed with anything when pregnant when the study was to do with possible birth defects? Animals maybe but they are not humans!

It seems inhalation and ingestion is not a good idea which goes for numerous other products. Tan solution IS a combination of chemicals whether natural or man made.

I am a beauty therapist myself and I use fake bake products. I would not be happy treating a pregnant women and definately not in the first few weeks of pregnancy. Now thats my choice and this is my opinion. I do suggest as with anything else we use on our bodies (and others) that we can do our own research, theres plenty of it out there if you look. Noone on this forum or anywhere else can conclusively say that a spray tan cannot harm an unborn child and noone can say it does. To me - it's to risky.

Also on the asthetic side of things, hormones during pregnancy can result in very patchy tan results. So if you do choose to go ahead - be warned!!!

I've read that about perfumed products affecting baby boys too, but I read that it was American made products that use a particular chemical so you're safe using your perfumes from the French houses. Obviously I read this half way through my pregnancy so too late anyway!

When i was a hairdresser my manager used the sunbeds through out her pregnancy and never had a problem.

In May i fully intend on using the sunbeds to get a bit of colour. I look terrible when i'm pale. If you want to use them then go for it, it's your choice and there is no scientific evidence out there that they are anymore harmful to your child than the sun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"