Sunday Evening - DREADING the week ahead :-(

Blondie2008

Mum to the amazing Bethan
Reaction score
So i'm fine on the weekends becasue my husband is home and i get some help. But every Sunday evening i feel totally down at the thought of spending yet another week struggling with the baby :-(
She gets up SO early so it makes it such a long day and my husband doesnt get home until 6:30pm most nights.

She is out of the house with my husband at the moment and part of me is dreading her coming home because she'll start crying and we dont understand why. I feel like such a terrible mother :-(
I cant wait to get back to work. I cant take much more of this staying at home! :cry:

xx

Awww. I know that sunday evening feeling. I love being with OH all wkend. I do enjoy my weekdays but do know how you feel.

Things WILL get easier. At about 3 months I really started to feel very confident looking after my baby. Also plan little things to do during the week so it doesn't feel like the week is stretching out ahead of you! Go out lots, even just for walks a few mins at a time.

About the crying, when is this happening most? Have you tried following a routine? Ruby cried less once we were working to a routine. It also meant I could plan my days around her naps, feeds, etc as I knew roughly when they were going to happen.

For the early mornings- have you tried gradually moving her bedtime a little later (just a suggestion I know its not that easy to change routine). It is daunting when you're so tired and know there's no lie ins!

at thatage, they can't do much for themselves, they can't scratch an itch, they don't understand they are tired so they cry instead of sleeping, and you havent quite yet worked out what cry means what, and they dont really do much and it's all quite difficult. I was desperate for Finn to have a couple of mornings at nursery, to go towork. I was jealous of my OH too. But now it's totally different, I am dreading leaving him, he's so happy and jolly. I think a real turning point was when I washaving a bad day and Finn wasnt the reason for that, and he really cheered me up! He's so much more independent, I can leave him to play, and he's always smiling and 'talking' - it just gets so much easier- they change, you change, you get quite confident- when I look back on it, the time I struggled was a really short period. Though it didnt feel like that!

arent there any childrens centres nr you
swimming, baby massage etc
i try and do something 3 times a week, have a lazy day then a cleaning and ironing day

what time does your OH leave in the mornings? could he have LO for a bit before you get up?
thomas always seems to wake for a feed at 5.30, then refuses to go back to sleep until 7-8 most mornings. OH gets up at 6 usually but doesnt leave until 7.30- 8.15 depending on his shift. he usually takes thomas for me when he wakes so i can have an extra nap. even just an extra hour helps.
i also agree with others about getting out of the house for a bit, even just going for a walk. thomas tends to calm down and often fall asleep after just 20 min walk and gives me a bit of a break when we return.

I know that sunday evening feeling too, apart from OH goes on sunday and does not come back till friday :( I love weekends so much. I try and keep myself as busy as possible most days during the week like going to pre school groups,park,feed the ducks... and like someone else said, I also have a couple of housework days and that passes the day really quick! By friday I am ready for a lie in! lol Xx

Oh sweetie, please dont feel like you are the only one because there are many of us that feel/felt exactly the same, the days seem so long and its hard work trying to keep yourself occupied and your baby happy, I had to make sure I had something arranged everyday otherwise I dreaded the day. But when they get to about 10 weeks they do start to change so much and will be able to do more to amuse themselves. That first few months seemed to last forever but now my little one is 7 months and I cant believe where that time has gone - I wish now I could go back and re-do those first few months and not make it so hard for myself, just to accept that the baby will probably either want to be carried constantly or sleep most of the time and just enjoy it for what it is, but I was too busy comparing her and dreading the day. It will get easier hun xxx

i was the same dnt worry think alot of us are like that sweety.Just try and relax her let her know mummys their and dont let her see that you are strained. I started recently spoiling myself and having my hair blow dryed and nails done on a saturday and going the the gym and chilling out in the spa afterwards it gives me time to myself.. take a little time out for your selves and just keep the days relaxed mabey take her out for a walk or too visit some people.. it wont last long she will be more playful soon and will be able to play herself for a while so you can have a cup off tea and sit on bnb ;) x

I totally understand the "Sunday Blues! " I'm a stay at home mom and love it, but hate when the weekend ends, because that's the only break my brain and body gets. When my husband goes back to work on Monday, my brain goes back into constant watching and stimulation. So tiring! But of course wouldn't chnage a thing. Well... I would love to understand her cries more. :)

You're def. not alone. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"