Super emotional/hormonal

ishtar

Mum of one son
Reaction score
I am super emotional these days. The hubby only has to look at me the wrong way or have a slightly different tone to his voice and I just break down and start sobbing like a little girl.

I hate not being able to control my emotions. And it's so silly the things I break down over.

For example, it doesn't faze me at all that my mum is having blood tests and scans to figure out what's wrong with her. But ''we don't own a piece of tape in the flat to close this box?'' and ohmygod the world crumbles!

Anyone else having these 'fun' emotional episodes? :hissy:

yes i am, this pregnancy has really taken its toll on my emotrions and self esteem, i feel worthless most of the time and im convinced everyone hates me.

I have been accuseing my hubby of having an affair for weeks, i have sort of come to grips with the fact that he isnt, but its still a daily struggle that i battle with.

I cry at the slightest thing and thats not like me, im the mouthy firey one lol yet for weeks i have been reduced to a weak pathic joke and that gets me down even more.

Im glad its not just me who is like it, its horrible to live with, esp if your a strong person to start out with.

Hope you feel better soon, but you can PM me anytime if you need to chat :)

x

Thanks Layla, like you say, it's good to know I'm not alone. And it completely sucks to be so out of control. I just hope that it's only temporary, and will go away once I give birth. I don't think I'm cut out to be an emotional wreck all the time.

same here, i dont normaly do emotions lol i dont give sympthy, dont show i care etc, im the 'strong' one that everyone comes to for advice, so its horrible that im suddenly doubting my self worth and that i have no confidence atall.

Im praying it goes after teh birth too, dont want it to turn in to PND

I also feel stupid for talking about it, makes me feel like im a loser or something, make sense?
x

Oh yeah, totally makes sense, like it's a weakness to even talk about it!

When I was wiping the snot and tears from my latest break down I totally had this voice in my head saying: ''just talk about things, it'll make you feel better, go get your hubby right now!'' but then this stubborn streak just erupts and thinks that he should KNOW how I'm feeling and should just instinctively come when I need him. Poor guy.

This whole pregnancy hormonal stuff sucks as far as I'm concerned. But I'm thankful for BnB, you ladies rock!

lol stubborness takes over me too, but not that my hubby should know, its more that i have to pretend im fine, dont want anyone seeing me weak, i think thats what kills me more than anything else, i dont let my gaurd down EVER but lately i have had no choice and i HATE HATE HATE that so much.

x

Same here, I can't hide my crying, because lately it's just the ugly cry, you know, sucking in air, snot running, tears overflowing. And out of control crying is just the worst!

Hopefully we'll gain control of our emotions once we give birth.

If I'm not super emotional I'm super bitch!

:rofl:

SO flaming moody!

I've been super emotional the past few months as well. I cry a lot and it doesn't take much for me to break down. I didn't even go to work today because I just couldn't deal with things so well. I'm feeling as if my OH isn't responsible enough or "man enough" to understand how supportive he should be and in what way. Feels like no one understands me anymore and I end up feeling very lonely. What makes it worse is when every little problem I bring up or issue I'd like to address is only attributed to me being hormonal as if no one else has any responsibility in how I feel. Do you ladies get that a lot? Makes me feel like giving up. :cry:

Feeling sick most of the time only adds to things. I'm up at 3/4/5 in the mornings with no one to talk to or call.

But it's good to see that I'm not the only one going through this. I feel like people are starting to think I'm crazy and will soon just begin to ignore me.

Oh Mango, sorry to hear how crappy you're feeling. And yes, I do hate that people just brush off any issues I want to talk about because it must not matter, I'm just being hormonal! Argh!

I was also very very sick during my first 5 months, but thankfully I got better. I hope you will too.

Regarding the hubby, with mine I just always stress that I'm not the only one going through this pregnancy, he is as well, and so he has to participate with me every step of the way. So I tell him whatever I'm feeling and how my body feels and what's happening, even if it's not so pleasant, like peeing myself when I laugh or sneeze or icky discharge, or just being emotional and wanting a hug!

I call my mom all the time, that makes me less lonely, and this forum helps as well.

You can PM me anytime, if you want to chat or something Mango, ok.

Mango, i know exactly how your feeling hun (((((hug)))))

I am going through the exact same thing and I am a person who prides myself on having a level head and being in control of my emotions.

I, like Layla, am paranoid about my husband cheating on him and it does not help there is a girl at his work who has a crush on him. The problem with my man is that he comes back to me with anger (does not hit or anything like that I swear) instead of patience which is what I really need. He does not know how to deal with the 'new me' and is tired of me worrying and being paranoid. For instance we got in a HUGE fight tonight because he did not want to worry me when I asked if this girl was going away with the 'mens' fishing trip at work. He lied and said he did not know but then I caught him and found out she was going as well as the secretary when it was supposed to be men only.

I know he would not cheat on me but due to a single incident 2 yrs ago that was dealt with properly and through all the right channels.... I have become paranoid again in my pregnant state of mind.

I am way to sensitive lately and even find myself getting angry when I talk proudly about my now developing belly or have a pregnancy complaint and people retort... wait until you are 9 months! Wait until labour! Wait until the kid is born! You think this is bad...! I just want sympathy and then to move on, not to have the future rubbed in my face esp when I have a dam good idea what is to come since I am a paramedic and have seen it all before so at least I have a pretty good idea of whats to come.

I am just frustrated because I don't feel like I have a handle on my emotions and since I work with mainly men I know what they say behind us womans backs when we get this way and I don't want them talking that way about me but I just can not help but act that way sometimes... it just feels like it is out of my hands sometimes.

I truely hope I get my mind back when the baby is born or I think I might really go nuts!:cry:

:hugs: Hi everyone, I hope you guys are having an ok/good weekend and every one's emotions are not getting the better of them. I think I have come to realise that I have to be in some kind of control over my emotions instead of letting them just run off, however at the same time people around me do need to be understanding. It's not so easy but I think if all of us somehow found a balance it could make things a bit better. Sigh, the things we go through huh? But I just wanted to pass by this thread again to spread some hugs and tell everyone have a good weekend :hugs:

Hear hear Mango, I hope everyone has a good weekend.

And I hated when the only response I would get from some people when I was really sick was that 'just wait, at the end of all this you have a screaming baby to contend with'. Great! Just what I needed to hear, hrmpf!

Me too, but given circumstances with OH suffering with depression I don't think it helps me.

All i seem to do is sob or snap. :(

Thanks Layla, I needed that.... I feel better today. My husband and I finally got over our prides and had a long talk about everything this morning. We will see soon whether either one of us was listening or not. I just worry about the stress that this emotional roler coaster causes on the baby. Yet another worry I suppose...

Have to admit I love creating a little life but the emotional and physical change you go through makes it a stressful time.

I am so glad I found this website. It does help a bit to know I am not the only one going through this.

:hugs: and an alcohol free :beer: for all going through this emotional ride!

:hugs: for Eque Price. I know how you feel hun about worrying about the cheating. My ex told me he was seeing someone when i was 5 months pregnant and that he wanted me to move out of his house to move her in. that was his secretary and I moved out to protect me and my baby as I didnt want to lose her after having a miscarriage 3 years ago. He told me after a week of being with her that he had made a mistake and loved me but by this time i was dating a guy who made me happy and paid me respect although he is going traveling in december so I am being rejected again.:dohh: I told my OH that I had moved on and was seeing someone else so after moving her out, he moved her back in again. He didnt give me any time to get over the hurt he put me through. I do still love my ex but we have no spark now although i still fancy him. i feel he cant give me any love or attention back. I am feeling so dame sexy at the moment too but wouldnt go near him after what he did to me. I hate that girl who has gone again after he proposed to her to get at me for not wanting him and told me that she wanted to marry him before our baby was born. He dumped her after proposing as he still loved me and she tryed to kill herself. Now she has gone on holiday and even asked me to go when he dumped her. mad girl!!!!!!!!!!
I just feel so unsettled and he is painting the nurasary now and wants me back. my emotions are all over the place. x

MissM I have sent you a PM hun :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"