• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Super worried

AmyGibb1997

Reaction score
Im 5+3 and have spent the whole night rolling around my bed in so much pain. It feels like my stomach is being squeezed really tight. It’s coming and going this morning and now I’m super nauseated. Is this something to be concerned about?

Last edited:
If your in agony, then yes please get yourself checked at your nearest hospital asap. Is it one sided? Any pain during pregnancy needs to be checked out. I hope your okay and good luck x

I would say you need to go and see a Dr and just double check everything, Pain could be nothing or it could be something serious! Do you have any bleeding? As said above is it all over or on one side?

No bleeding, and the pain is all over. I am a midwife so I should know these things but it just goes completely out of the window. And I do t want to waste anyone’s time

No bleeding, and the pain is all over. I am a midwife so I should know these things but it just goes completely out of the window. And I do t want to waste anyone’s time

Gosh hun as a midwife you should know better that you wont be wasting anyone's time! Anything with our babies is worth getting checked over, no matter how minor, please get yourself checked!

What would you tell a client to do? It concerns me you're a midwife and dont know signs of possible trouble.

What would you tell a client to do? It concerns me you're a midwife and dont know signs of possible trouble.
Deleting this thread. We all know that in a panic about our own bodies knowledge can go out the window. I was frightened and sleep deprived this morning, I needed advice/support, not to be called a bad midwife

Deleting this thread. We all know that in a panic about our own bodies knowledge can go out the window. I was frightened and sleep deprived this morning, I needed advice/support, not to be called a bad midwife

It could be your uterus stretching. Of course you know one sided pain could mean ectopic but I don't think it is. If it happens again, get checked. Dont worry about wasting anyones time. It's their job. As a midwife you know that to be true, you wouldn't be a bother.

It doesn't matter what you do when it is yourself and your own worry everything we know goes away. Training teaches you to take care of others not yourself!
You will never be a bother to anyone it is better to be safe than sorry! I hope you are feeling better, please keep us updated!

I wouldn't listen to her - if you read through her journal, she ignored what she KNEW to be a cancerous tumor for over 4 years, until it was over 40 lbs, because that made her feel better than having it out and risking a part of her fertility. Her last test was still elevated but she's ignoring that, too, because she doesn't like her oncologist. (I clicked into her journal by accident when the ads shifted my screen down, and I started off feeling sorry for her. Got to the recent entries and decided to steer clear. But with her taking that attitude with you...well.)

Even knowing, clinically, what the pain might be it, it's different when you're FEELING that pain for the first time. You wanted some emotional support while you worked out what it might mean and what you should do, and that's totally normal. It'll definitely help you with your patients from now on, so that's something, right?

I know that you'll seek medical help when needed, and I hope that you continue to come to the community for advice, support, and the general companionship of people who are going through it all right along with you. Hoping for healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy, Amy!

I wouldn't listen to her - if you read through her journal, she ignored what she KNEW to be a cancerous tumor for over 4 years, until it was over 40 lbs, because that made her feel better than having it out and risking a part of her fertility. Her last test was still elevated but she's ignoring that, too, because she doesn't like her oncologist. (I clicked into her journal by accident when the ads shifted my screen down, and I started off feeling sorry for her. Got to the recent entries and decided to steer clear. But with her taking that attitude with you...well.)

Even knowing, clinically, what the pain might be it, it's different when you're FEELING that pain for the first time. You wanted some emotional support while you worked out what it might mean and what you should do, and that's totally normal. It'll definitely help you with your patients from now on, so that's something, right?

I know that you'll seek medical help when needed, and I hope that you continue to come to the community for advice, support, and the general companionship of people who are going through it all right along with you. Hoping for healthy and happy rest of your pregnancy, Amy!

Actually that's not true. I did not know it was cancer until pathology came back, which is normal. I also did not ignore it. I had no insurance. No, I didnt like a few oncs. I found one I did and he was great. Yes, I did fight for my fertility and im pregnant now because I did. My recent test was a mistake and corrected in my chart, which I said in my journal.

Any other questions???

Actually that's not true. I did not know it was cancer until pathology came back, which is normal. I also did not ignore it. I had no insurance. No, I didnt like a few oncs. I found one I did and he was great. Yes, I did fight for my fertility and im pregnant now because I did. My recent test was a mistake and corrected in my chart, which I said in my journal.

Any other questions???

Well said hun x

Any other questions???

I'm not going to hijack someone's thread because you're upset about the contents of your own public journal. :roll: You want to get defensive about what you wrote, do it somewhere other than a thread for a hormonal pregnant woman who wanted some support and advice in the middle of a scary night.

Amy, I'm going to back out of this now to spare you any future trouble. Hopefully she'll leave you in peace. Again, best wishes for you and baby, and as someone going into a DNP program next year, I wish you great success as you advance in your career!

Oh my gosh let's not argue, I can see where she's coming from though, many people in medical don't take their own advice and don't want to be a burden this is why I urged her to get checked and would not be a pain to anyone - my grandmother was one of them, a fully qualified nurse with 30 years experience died of a blood clot in her lung after ignoring all the symptoms while recovering from bowel cancer, which she nearly ignored that too! Was only a fall down the stairs that made her go into hospital that got her diagnosed with the cancer. And as this lady even a midwife is allowed to ask others for advice which is what she done here, I know, and she know that she wouldn't have been a burden to anyone while getting checked, but maybe she didn't want to be judged as she is of course a midwife, and are they expected to know everything when it's happening to them?

On the other hand it's not nice bringing up other peoples illnesses, like the cancer in use for an argument.

So please ladies were all here to support each other, whether we are midwives, doctors, housewives or work in retail like me. Let's be there for each other okay :)

I had pain like that at a couple weeks ago at 10+3. Slept about 40 minutes all night. Went to the ER the next day because I had a fever along with it and ended up needing antibiotics for the start of a UTI and a stomach infection. They said baby looked great and gave me 3 bags of iv fluids before they sent me home. Hope you're feeling better!

Awww hun please dont feel like ure waisting anyone time. If ure in that much pain sweety please go and get it checked out.
I was in absolute agony last week and it turned out to be a nasty UTI that I needed antibiotics for.
If ure still in pain or worried hon just go and get checked out ure not waisting anyones time. And please dont feel u cant vent or write down ure worries on here were all here to support each other. Even tho ure a midwife which by the way is amazing but all u been trained to do is look after others and now it's you that needs looking after.
Sending massive hugs to you. <3

I'm glad you got checked hun, UTIs are awful! I normally get them at the end of pregnancy :( hope you feel better soon x

I ended up going to my EPAU, turns out I have a raging UTI (which I get regularly anyway). The symptoms were completely different to normal. Thank you for all the support girls x

So glad u got it looked at hon. I've just gotten over my UTI and oh my goodness it was the most worst pain. I suffer with them to when I'm not pregnant but there so much worse when ure pregnant. I thought I was going into pre term labour it was that bad. I was walking around like I pooped myself it was horrendous. Ure feel so much better when the antibiotics kick in.
Make sure u rest sweety

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"