supplements for us older girls.. :)

Melanie3103

Reaction score
Here I am starting cycle 4, age 37yrs... pretty sure we timed everything to perfection last month (with the help of a clearblue fertility monitor - which I love as it takes all the guesswork out of timing BD... but AF arrived yesterday - to my surprise. Now I know it's not ALL about timing, but its a huge part I know. Soooo... here's my question... I'm trying to cover all bases...

Bearing in mind my age (and I've been on bc pill for 18yrs before coming off) - I am debating COq10 and vitamin B - anyone with experience ? Just thinking due to my age it might help the quality of egg (or that's what I've read anyway) - I'm not easily swayed with supplements but I don't know - it can't hurt right ?

Thoughts ladies please ? And if so, how much do I take ?

COq10 is good; you could also try royal jelly, it's supposed to help with egg quality? I think posting this in the over 35 section might help too :)

Best of luck to you! I get so frustrated when AF comes after thinking we'd timed everything perfectly too. I genuinely think we need to switch our brains off a bit and relax, but that's so hard!

Oh and try wheatgrass. I'm taking wheatgrass shots every morning. Tastes awful but I've heard it could aid fertility and, as it's a superfood, I figure it can't hurt :)

I'm 34 and a supplement addict. I want to do everything I can to have a healthy egg (to make up for my age) and to help with implantation/quality of my uterus.

I am taking the following:

Everyday
Chapter One Prenatal x3 a day
Nordic Naturals Prenatal DHA x 2 a day
Natures Biology CoQ10 (ubiquinol) 400mg
Solgar Folate 800 mcg
FertileCM x3 a day to help with CM and uterine lining

CD1-12 Black Cohosh 120mg

1-5 DPO Bromelian to aid implantation
0-AF B-complex to help luteal phase

I have Preseed and soft cups to help. Also drinking decaf green tea and grape fruit juice AF-O to help with CM. Walking daily for blood flow. Using a castor oil pack CD 4- CD 10 for blood flow.

DH has been taking FertilAid for Men every day since March for :spermy: quality and quantity.

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck,sorry I'm no good with supplement tho.but i'm 38 and af also turned up for me yesterday so could also use a little advise re supplements

@mamadonna - damn that AF witch!! :-(. Im more positive today. Its only been 3 cycles so trying not to fret just frustrating as we thought we'd cracked it.

@solstyce - blimey! U must rattle ;-) i dont know if i should try coq10.. Cant hurt i guess...

I find the evening primrose really helps with CM (after just 2 cycles), notice a real difference.

Good luck ladies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"