Supplements question...?

hanrh

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently TTC #1. I was lucky enough to conceive during my first cycle however unfortunately started bleeding and had a very early MC. We are now trying again but I am feeling very stressed about it!

I am a vegetarian and have been pretty much all of my life. Do you think this might affect my ability to have a successful pregnancy? I have asked my doctor but they didn't really have much of an opinion. should I be taking any supplements?

What supplements does everyone else take? I was advised to take folic acid which I am however have read on here of people taking lots of different things.

Thanks, in advance for the advice!! :flower:

Do you get tested for certain things at your physicals? Vegetarians can sometimes have low iron and B12, not sure what else could be an issue....
If you are eating properly and don't have any health issues, you should be fine! You could add a B50 or B100 complex in addition to your prenatal, both would have folic acid.

Thank you for this! I have thought about taking iron supplements as always being told it can be a common problem on vegetarians.
I read somewhere to take omega 3 but when I have looked they all state not be taken during pregnancy?! Confusing!!

Most supplements state that, it it just to err on the side of caution.

You can also get iron from CHOCOLATE!!! Either a dark bar (75-80%), or 1-2 tablespoons in a hot chocolate or mocha. I found a dark chocolate bar that has 40% of your daily iron content in 2 squares! And I have a mocha most days (2 heaping spoons of cocoa, some instant coffee, honey, milk, sometimes cinnamon). Better than pills :p

Thank you!! A great excuse to eat dark chocolate then!!! ��

I think everyone can be low on certain viatmins, veggie or otherwise. DH and I are both taking the pregnacare/wellman conception vitamins to make sure we have everything we need :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->