Supplements, what worked for you

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
So we are on our last months of ttc before going to a fertility doctor. I am 35, husband 44. No smoking, we eat healthy, exercise and only drink socially.I have regular cycles and was looking for any supplements that helped others conceive. Currently using Bcomplex, omega, vit D, prenatals, coq10 and pre seed. We are bdding every other day for a 2 week period. I have used opks and got 2 surges a month and temping is inconsistent due to altered sleep. I am on benadryl to help sleep, which is why I use pre seed also for hostile cm. I have never been pregnant, but my husband has conceived years ago with an ex girlfriend. any thoughts?

Sorry I can't be of any help but hope you get that bfp soon

Fertilaid, for us both. As you can see it worked like a charm after 6 years of trying for me and a lifetime of infertility for him.

Nothing worked for me :( I tried everything!

But in the end Clomid (with a softcup) worked during my 2nd cycle on it :) and now we have conceived #2 without any help! (and much quicker than we had ever anticipated!)

I was taking Prenatals, Folic acid and fish oil. I tempted and also used ovualtion stips.

The things I added this cycle when I got my BFP:
B-50, preseed as lube, soft cup and Evening primrose Oil (just until ovulation) for more abundant CM.

Don't know if any of these boosted it, but here I am and I am 36.

GL! I hope you find something that works for you! :)

Dee

I was thinking about soft cups, but they kind of freak me out. LOL.

We were both taking maca, bee pollen, multivitamins and fish oil. I was also taking vitex. I found after doing a raw diet for a month my CM increased considerably - we got our BFP the next month :)

Best of luck!!

Honestly, I stopped all supplements last cycle other than a ttc multivitamin and we used 'conceive plus' lubricant.

Hi. My husband and I tried for over 3 years. My last resort this time around before going to something like clomid was Fertility Blend by Daily Wellness. They say on their site that it takes 3-6 months but in a lot of the reviews people say they got their BFP the very first month. I ordered 3 bottles for my husband and 3 for myself. We got lucky the first month taking them. The website says that they will pay you back for any unused bottles when you can prove you are pregnant. I am only 7 weeks right now so I haven't taken them up on that offer yet.
Hope this helps. Good luck!!

any side effects from fertility blend,I was nervous due to the vitex. It was said to mess up regular cycles.

We tried everything too before going to a clinic. Even at the clinic taking fertility medication didn't do it. We even tried an IUI and no medication and my LP was unusually short. After about 2 years of trying we then had an IUI and took progesterone after and it took.

When we started at the clinic DHs sperm count was great. When we did the IUI we were worried because the reading on DH sperm was not too good because of his stress. We realized that when he was originally tested to find he had an amazing count, he had been taking chia seeds every morning.

I take 500 mg of maca everyday and make the husband do the same. June (after my AF starts/stops this cycle) will be our first month officially trying. Been trying for 13 years with no prevention but this will be the first time actually trying it.

Maca REALLY helped even me out hormonally. We BD'd three days before the chart said i ovulated but weren't really trying and my AF is suppose to be due tomorrow but no sign of it so maybe we got lucky without evening trying!

I actually stopped all supplements for me including prenatals (had been taking them for over a year and was tired) but started DH on CoQ and Zinc. Worked for us.

Hi,

i was on a multi-vitamin, but guess the thing which really helped us was pre-seed :)

In the two years we tried for I used eeeeeverything. From b vitamins, d vitamins, soy isoflavones, maca root, vitex, omega oils... You name it we tried it.
The month we caught I just took seven seas trying for a baby vitamins. Nothing else.

Chia seeds interesting!

Yup, now that I got my BFP, DH insists I have them every morning. There is a little scoop in there so I take one scoop with water. He said there is something good in dark chocolate so I have one square of that in the morning too. Then he said warm lemon water is good so that's in there too.

DH does lots of research on this stuff.

Oh ya, he believes yam is good too. I read about that and there is nothing proven but people believe it helps with fertility.

If you have hostile CM then take evening primrose oil capsules (you have to stop them once you ovulate or they can cause miscarriage) and drink plenty of grapefruit juice. Both help to increase your CM in abundance and helped me get pregnant 3 times. One ended in a MC but my DD was born healthy and this one seems to be going well so far. I also used conceive plus every time but I think the natural remedies helped more. Good luck getting your BFP!

Oh and also my DH took vitamin C and Zinc tablets which apparently helps the sperm to live longer and be stronger swimmers x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"