Supply problems

M

Maffie

Hi girls

Noah has seemed to not be satisfied on one boob today so ive been feeding him both at each feed. At one feed I gave him a bottle and expressed both boobs and my supply seems to of dropped massively. I can normally pump approx 9oz from both breasts and today they have only got 4oz.

Im concerned im losing my supply, I have a chest infection as does Noah. So is there anything I can do to get my supply back up?

I had the same sort of problems around the same age.. they have a growth spurt around 8 weeks, so he will be hungrier than usual. The best way to up your supply is to put him to your breast more often. Your boobs will catch up again soon.
Apparently having a bath together can help too. And dont get too stressed! Easier said than done when you have a screaming baby I know.

Its just strange my supply has dropped so much so fast, im wondering if it is because im ill. My temp is over 38 at the moment :(

I used to be able to get 4-6oz, but now I struggle to get 3oz; I figure it's just my supply regulating & becoming in tune with what LO wants/needs?

I bhave heard that being ill can affect your supply & I assume the quality of the milk too, coz chances are, when you're ill, you probably wont be eating as well as usual too? Not sure if that's true, but yeah... :shrug:

Make sure you are drinking loads of water - I suddenly had a decrease in supply and when I increased my water intake the supply regulated itself.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

It sounds like a combination of your supply regulating and possibly being ill as well as the possibility of a growth spurt. I wouldn't have thought it was a true supply problem though. Try to look after yourself as much as you can, drink lots of water and put baby on the boob as often as necessary and hopefully things will settle down soon :hugs:

I think it must be a combination of things - the amount I get seems to vary but my HV said that protein rich food helps with supply (cheese omelettes are my tip) though that could be a quality rather than quantity!?

It is so hard when we can't see what our babas are getting but keep your fluids and food intake up and judge it on your LO having active periods etc. If Noah has wet and dirty nappies and periods of alertness you should be reet.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Have a Guinness. Seriously, the yeast and iron in it are wonderful for it.
But just one, haha.

Have a Guinness. Seriously, the yeast and iron in it are wonderful for it.
But just one, haha.

The public health nurse told me if I want to relax with a beer in the evening to go ahead as beer was used by women throughout history to up their supply and one drink, if timed right, won't be a problem for baby. And yeah, guinness is lower in alcohol than some beers too :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->