Supply running low

Mizztina

Reaction score
Hi my baby is 2weeks and my milk supply has took a major drop.. the first week everything was great wit his deeds and pumping in between when he would sleep longer than expected.. this week I can barely get him to stay woke to feed for a good 10 mins and when I pump I’m not getting over 1 oz per breast.. I feel bad cuz I been so busy running around getting everything done for my other 5 kids before school start I didn’t pump for 2 days n now I feel like I’m barely producing milk to the point I’ve had to go into my milk stash to feed the baby.. ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO GET MY MILK SUPPLY BACK UP??? I’ve tried body armors, lactation tea, lactation pills and bars and don’t feel like they really helped much.. I feel my breast filling up more frequent but I’m not producing a lot of milk still

The biggest thing I can say is that you really have to be consistent with the pumping. When you’re not, it’s a signal to your body to produce less.

you can try a power pumping session, it’s meant to mimic a cluster feed and stimulate flow. Def do your research on it before trying it.

otherwise I just have more of the same. I drank mother’s milk tea, took fenugreek, ate the cookies, did the massages. My supply was awful I could barely keep up with my son (I had to exclusively pump).

I’m going to the store to pick up some lactation cookies that’s the only thing I haven’t tried yet.. n hopefully being that school is back in I can now focus more on pumping since I have less distractions n more hours or it just bring me n baby

hello,

I struggled with my flow on my last baby. I also did a few days of power pumping, I just downloaded a photo off google with a plan and followed that, I did it once a day and it helped.
drink lots of water, just don’t stop on the water. Also oats and oat milk. I found porridge helped made with oat milk.

I also used a Hakka on my other breast when feeding and that really helped xx

Oh and logistically if you haven’t already invest in a hands free pumping bra. I had the medela. Pumping can be so mentally draining esp if you can’t multitask, so having my hands free made pumping less of a chore so I was less likely to put it off. I thought the cookies are yummy lol so idk if they worked but yeah wasn’t hurting to try :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->