Support/chat for ladies who wait to poas until af is due or late!

wrapunzel

mama of four
Reaction score
Welcome! This is a chat/support group for ladies who want to avoid seeing false negative HPTs or catching chemicals. If you'd like to make it a goal to not test until your period is due or late, please say Hi and stay a while :flower:

This is a safe space for all rambles and vents about TTC/2WW and of course especially how hard it is waiting to test. But pleaaaaase don't "fish for permission" to test early here, take it to another thread and tell us you've been naughty after :winkwink:

:dust:
BunInTheBelly
AnnieJean
Daisies
Guillaine
EElse
NattyJ
Chocolate Chip
Annio
hopefulone17
Kitkez
Katy
Mayacat
wantingagirl (WAG)

BFPs
Wrapunzel :bfp: 3/31/17 af due 3/31
Sasha92 :bfp: 4/15/17 af due 4/16/17

My original post...
I want to make it "my thing" to only pee on sticks when I feel confident it will be positive. Strange because last month I was proudly calling myself a poas addict, but I have determined that method isn't for me.

I really want to recapture the moment I had with my daughter's pregnancy as much as possible. With her my period was a week late and as soon as it occurred to me I might be preggo I knew it was true. Got a test, forgot to use it with fmu, my man asked "are you pregnant?" I said "well yes but I still haven't taken the test yet" and he was annoyed :haha: Took it the next day and barely looked at it because it was confirming what I already knew in my heart.

So I'm thinking I will ask my man to hand over one of my stockpiled tests on Sunday, but not use it unless af doesn't show on Monday? Maybe keep not using it until af is a whole week gone?

Do you think I can? I didn't think I was capable of lasting to 12DPO with no test!

How many dpo are you today?

As much as I would want to be able to do that I'm not sure I would actually manage! I'm 10dpo today and holding out until Sunday is hard enough! 😂😂

Hi Pennies! I'm 12DPO. Last month I had used 20 tests by 12DPO 😳

My situation and outlook is quite similar. I didn't plan my first pregnancy and only occurred to me to test 1 week after I missed my period. Last month while ttc I spent too much energy and money on tests, so, like you, I feel like I want to do it in a more chilled out way this time. Whether I can wait til 1 week late or af is up in the air but I'd like to think I can. After all I am gonna know sooner or later and a couple of day extra knowing is not really worth all the stress. But I'm speaking from someone on day O so I might suddenly revert back to last months frenzy...

I guess testing is a bit of fun too if you can be lighthearted about it.

I thought I would find testing fun but it was a total mindf*ck. I had to keep convincing myself I could still be preggo despite the negatives? & it ended with me dry-sobbing in the shower, a negative test on the vanity and so much bright red blood I'd put in my menstrual cup, but with my mind racing about trying to find an explanation for how I could still be pregnant :nope: Not healthy for me.

If there's interest I'd love to get a regular chat going for ladies who don't want to test!

Also Guillane I loved what you said "I am gonna know sooner or later and a couple days of extra knowing is not worth all the stress". That's been my mantra, basically... I've said "A positive test won't make me more pregnant, but the stress of a negative test might make me less pregnant."

Lol I can't help myself. sitting watching youtube video's on other ladies dpo symptoms and live tests lol. ended up doing one yesterday and today just for the fun of it lol. I do think my test are booger for some reason. They from amazon and ive had them few months but they look abit weird I have got some recently but im keeping those ones for when im further along on dpo's lol. although im tempting to buy a first respone for next weekend lol

:haha: Cherry! Is this your first cycle TTC? I've watched surprise announcement videos and homebirths but haven't ventured into the live tests. I'm afraid I'd end up feeling poorly about my own chill reaction

Wrapunzel... do it!!!! And I pray that you see th positive 😘😘 loved reading your pregnancy with daughters story. Hope you get to relive it 😬

I would actually love to be part of a thread for non-testers in the tww. For me I'm only on my second month so I was disappointed and cried a little but not too devastated. For me it's more I get too hooked and wake up with the thought of how I can get to the chemist, like an addict, and the cost, and so I would like to feel more in control of myself lol! If there are others who would like to discuss symptoms etc but wait for af together or test after a clear late then that may encourage me to withhold from testing in the tww. I'm still working out how I feel about it, and maybe every month is different.

Oh that's lovely. I'm going to change this thread title and this can be the chat thread! When is af due for you?

Decided to definitely hold out until Monday when af is due <3 if no bfp this month then next cycle(s) I will wait until af is late to test again

I could keep a list in the OP like the monthly posts do with test dates, listing how many cycles without a test for everyone

It sounds good to me. I really hope this is your month wrapunzel and others, and you don't have long now to wait. I hope it's mine to but I'm kind of coming to terms with the idea that I might have to hunker down for the long haul seeing many people take 12 months to get a bfp. So that's also my reason for thinking a bit more slow and steady. My cycle seems a bit changeable but I believe I'm due for af around 8/4.

Count me in! I've already tested this month, but it was for my husband who insisted since he thought I'm pregnant. It was 3-5 days before AF is due in the afternoon, with a Dollar Tree test. Wouldn't you know, it was negative.

Now I've told him that I'm waiting until Monday to test. My cycle's been a little wonky, but that's past my range of expected AF start dates. It's also exactly two years since I tested and found out I was pregnant with our son!

Hello BunInTheBelly, welcome! I'm testing Monday too (as if I haven't said that frequently enough in this thread). My man has all my tests and is very on-board for helping me reach my goal. I just hope it doesn't take until the 4yr anniversary of my last BFP (which was October 23)

:dust:

Guillaine we are in the same position. Only my second cycle TTC too. I need to start "hunkering down" and bracing myself for the journey instead of drifting along believing THIS IS IT every time... waiting to test is going to help so much with that, it already has this cycle

My man really wanted me to test today as planned... :bfn: :nope: just waiting for :witch: now.

Feel empowered and more confident in my decision not to test next month until/unless I am late!!

My man really wanted me to test today as planned... :bfn: :nope: just waiting for :witch: now.

Feel empowered and more confident in my decision not to test next month until/unless I am late!!

Sorry about your bfn wrapunzel.

I am inspired by your approach and patience and self-care on the other hand.

Hi Hopefulone, welcome!!! Is this your first cycle TTC?

Oh and are you around today BunInTheBelly? How are you doing?

it is my 5th cycle and i have spent the past 5 month taking a test right before AF shows

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->