Support During Pregnancy

Mango

Reaction score
Hi Ladies. Was wondering what you define "support" as during your pregnancy. What kind of support do you have or wish you had and how do those around you show it. Just wondering if what I view as support is similar to other pregnant women or if my feelings are unrealistic. :sad1:

I dont really feel much support TBH. Yea my mum and MIL etc will ring up and see how i am which is alway nice, my MIL is supportive and does loads of things to help me.
DH doesnt seem that interested, ive just put it down to being a man thing i guess, i said yesterday that i felt a big kick....his responce....... " i cant believe my hair cut took 40 mins today. great.
So yea, not a lot of support really ! lol

I feel ive had ok support my MIL helps alot and my mum with the housework which is great when u work full time, but DH has not been as supprtive as ide like but like steph im puttin it down to a man thing!!!
:hugs:

Not a great deal! My hubbie works away all week, so I have all the house work to do, although he may cook lunch etc and wash up while he is home, My MIL is miles away, My Mum has Charlie 2 days a week while I work, an thats my lot!

I have my OH who has been great! There are some niggly things which annoy me such as I asked him to move something (litrely one side of the room to the other!) which was quite heavy and asked him 3 times........I ended up getting so fed up I done it myself yesterday! Sometimes I do feel he doesn't quite understand the change....as In if we have a teeny disagreement its quite easy for me to burst in to tears where as before I'd just igonore him & laugh it off! Don't quite think he can get his head around that! He always tells me not to worry or to relax and its really not that easy when ur PG!

My Mum is great she pops round most weekends which is nice although I'm now getting the same text every day 'How are you feeling?' ahhhhh! I know she only cares!

My MIL is ok, although she says the same thing everytime we see her 'Won't be long now!' 'Is he kicking enough?' or if I'm standing funny 'Have you got back pain?' she panics if we don't answer the phone! ahhhhhh!!! TBH (and I know this sounds harsh & its prob not true) but I feel like all she wants is the Baby and she dosen't really care about me! It was really hard for her to handle being told we want no visitors for a few days when he was born...she assumed that no visitors still ment that she could be here! She keeps saying she can't wait to see what he looks like and it just feels to me like people are going to turn up at the Hosp and just not be interested in me.....I know that sounds crazy but thats how I feel right now!

We live like 2000 miles from both of our families, so support family wise has been through the phone and internet and care packages.

The hubby has been great, he views this whole pregnancy as his fault, like he did this to me, so it could be the guilt, but he's great, when he's here, he has to work a lot. So it's just me and the cat at home all day.

My mum is flying out in October though, so that'll be great.

I dont feel as suported this time round as i did on my other pregnancys

I have diffrent and less people around me this time round (through my choice) so i do feel very alone at times.

Jase is being as good as he can be, i dont feel he is as suportive as he was on Coby but then it might just be me being needy.

Im so glad i wont be doing this again, after this baby is born its me time

x

I really have one direction of support but I still do 90% of what I did before pregnancy I guess & often struggle. It doesn't bother me but it does when I need that day of help and get a big fat nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->