Support Group failed IVF/ICSI IUI or any failed assisted conceptions 2014

So my follow up appt is 2 weeks in 3 days away, been counting down. Can't wait to meet with the doctor to see what he says...
I've been doing some research online, and I was thinking of asking him about assisted hatching...any of you ladies had this done on your embies?
How are the rest of you ladies doing? Hope your weekend is going well :)

I would love to hear any success stories from anyone who has been through a positve ivf cycle and then had a missed miscarraige need some hope to cling onto.it was our 1st ivf cycle i am 40 years old no fertility issues just unexplained!!!

So my follow up appt is 2 weeks in 3 days away, been counting down. Can't wait to meet with the doctor to see what he says...
I've been doing some research online, and I was thinking of asking him about assisted hatching...any of you ladies had this done on your embies?
How are the rest of you ladies doing? Hope your weekend is going well :)

Flower, our clinic does that on every embryo, guess it give them a better chance? I'm not sure really.:shrug:

Just got one today. Failed ICSI. damn !~ Having a beer now./ Karen

I would love to hear any success stories from anyone who has been through a positve ivf cycle and then had a missed miscarraige need some hope to cling onto.it was our 1st ivf cycle i am 40 years old no fertility issues just unexplained!!!

Oh - btw .... I had a successful ICSI previously, I am now 40 years old.

Karen

Just got one today. Failed ICSI. damn !~ Having a beer now./ Karen

gilkar, so sorry you had a failed ICSI! I know how you feel, I had one last cycle in Feb. It is so sad. And I also had a previous successful IVF round in 2002.
I'm relatively new here, can you tell me what is meant by a missed miscarriage?
Hugs to you.

Angiemon - congrats on being pupo (and the fact you still have two left!) Really hoping you get your BFP!
So sorry to hear about yoru news Poohbear. It really is the last thing you need. I understand how you feel - just when you think you have enough problems, it seems like there's another to overcome. But just like everyone's told me with my blocked tube, it's better to know than not know. I'm sure Care Notts will give you the treatment you need.
Lucky and gilcar - sorry you've had to join us. Some of us have graduated from here with their BFPs, so there's hope. Unfortunately some of us are stuck here for a while though as we tread water in limbo land!!
I have TWO docs appts tomorrow. The first with my NHS consultant to discuss the result of my HSG which showed a hydro (hopefully he's going to recommend a lap and dye and get it sorted asap, if not I'm ready for him!!) and the second is our first consultation with Care Manchester. A lot of infertility talk in one day. We've both had to take a day annual leave for it. Here's hoping they're successful appointments and we can get moving out of this endless waiting game!!!

Hi LOU32, I'm starting to look into my 3rd IVF/ICSI attempt and was thinking of going with Care in Manchester let me know what you think I was possibly going to do the egg sharing as we're a bit skint after paying for the other 2 goes xxx

Hi Gilkar, bugs and lucky - again sorry to hear that you have had to join but it is a great thread to help with what you are going through :hugs:

Lou - hope the appointments have gone well today, i can imagine it will be a tireing day so let us know when you feel up to it. :thumbup:

:hugs:

Hi everyone - Well we had our marathon fertility day on Weds and thankfully, wasn't as bad as I was thinking it would be.
Our NHS FS said he doesn't think I have a hydro now, but he admits he doesn't know what's causing the blockage. He said it could have been a spasm (it's common for the tube to spasm by the uterus and it means not enough fluid goes through the tube to push it into the ovary, which means it stops by the ovary showing what looks like a blockage). He said he thinks we'd be fine to go straight to our second ivf, but if I want to know for sure the blockage isn't anything more serious then he'd have to do a lap and dye. I said I would, so I'm now on the waiting list! He estimates it will be July!!! I've asked to be put on the cancellation list, but I'm not holding my breath.
Then, we went to Care Manchester and and saw Mr Sedler. He's v nice and, from my ultrasound done there, he said he doesn't think it's a hydro either and he would also go straight for the ivf. Aaaaargh! I am so confused as to what to do! He also scared me sh**less about the lap and dye, saying 1 in 500 develop complications etc.
My gut's telling me to have the lap so I'm certain all's well before starting the second icsi, but what if I'm inviting trouble?? I'm so scared something will go wrong with it!
What would you ladies do?
Hi bugs - So far we've been to the Care M'cr open evening and had our first appt and they all seem really nice. I've also rung them several times worrying about my blocked tube and the reception staff are v understanding (v different to the other medical secretaries I've dealt with in the past!) I also rang them to make an appt for my FSH doing and they suggested I try my GP first to try and save money. I thought that was great of them!

Hi Angie- I replied to you on the other thread, but just wanted to say again that my fingers are crossed for you!
x

Lou, I don't know what to tell you about whether or not you should have the lap & dye. But I can tell you my experience. I had a HSG in 2002, showed 2 blocked tubes. Two weeks or so later, I ended up with an abdominal abcess. (My FS now says that is one complication that can happen in a certain percentage of women) Now I have a hydro and my current FS says that the lap & dye is way too risky with my history. If it wasn't, he would want to do it to close off tubes at the nearest end to give IVF best chance of working. But even so, since I got pregnant before, it should work again. My last round failed so one try left!!
Back to your lap & dye question, I would do whatever the FS recommends. But go with your gut!!
Sorry I'm not more help!! Good luck!

Hi all hope u had a good weekend

Lou go with your heart Hun you no what's best for u :)

Well I go to care tomorrow a bit worried not sure what to think ho well I'll no soon
Right having to go as meeting a old primary school friend for lunch don't no how it be as haven't seen each other for over 19 years wow but I'm looking foward to it :)

Hi ladies, just a quick one to say that mine was a bfn. Thanks lou for thinking of me and ill be back to check on your posts when I feel a bit better! I'm not sure how to advise you as I don't know anything about these type of tests , we've had mf but I am starting to wonder if I have something wrong too. This is so hard and so shit. Xxx

Angela I'm so so sorry Hun it's so dam hard this isn't it big hugs honey and treat your self good today and don't be too hard on each other xxxx

Hi ladies, just a quick one to say that mine was a bfn. Thanks lou for thinking of me and ill be back to check on your posts when I feel a bit better! I'm not sure how to advise you as I don't know anything about these type of tests , we've had mf but I am starting to wonder if I have something wrong too. This is so hard and so shit. Xxx

Ah, thanks for posting, I was just about to post and ask how you were. Really, really sorry about the bfn, it's so shit isn't it. It's very tough and that's me just over 5 weeks now since my bfn and it's only now I'm feeling better.

I've also started to think there is something wrong with me too as we were referred for IVF with MF too. I think that's normal to think that and it may be the case but I've had all the tests they normally do as a matter of course, and they've found nothing. But really there's no rhyme nor reason why it does or doesn't work. It's totally pot luck! :hugs:

take care of yourself.

:hugs:

Angiemon, i am so, so sorry to hear that. It is so unfair. Please look after yourself and take care of yourself. Thanks for all the support you have given me over the last couple of weeks. Sending you lots of :hugs::hugs::hugs: xxx

So sorry about your bfn Angie. I know you got your last bfn around the same time as me (at Christmas, how nice that was!) so it must be really tough to go through it again so soon after. The others are right, you should take care of yourself and take it easy. xxx

Angie, I am so so sorry :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Sending you my love.

H xx

Hi all had a great app ken was amazing and very knowable he felt like I had a great chance of getting pregnant and as put our percentage as well over 50% so we are so happy and he also said dh sperm was ok just a bit abnormal but wants to do ivf an not icsi as are fert rate was very good only thing is he said my embryos at Leeds was bad ones and he show us the lab results I was upset with this as Leeds said they was excellent and that was why they would only put one in so he was shocked I didn't no they was bad but all in all I loved the staff we was treated with respect and the privet scan room with it's own toilet and no wait about was unreal we are so pleased we decided to go there xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->