• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Suppose To Be 12 Weeks, Baby Measuring 6 Weeks

Nash9208

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

So I need some advice... I went to see my Obgyn for my first appointment Monday, when it came time to find the baby with the portable ultrasound so we could hear the heartbeat my OBGYN couldn't find anything.

She told us that it's not necessarily a bad thing it could just mean the dates are off and we actually aren't as far along as we thought. She booked us for an ultrasound at the hospital right a way and sent me for blood work.

At the hospital they were able to find the baby but it's only measuring 6 weeks along and they couldn't find the heartbeat. My OBGYN called me later in the day to talk about my results and she said its really 50/50 still at this point.

The baby and gestational sac looked good and my HCG was where it should be for a six week pregnancy but the lack of a heartbeat and the fact that we are out by 6 weeks even though I was sure of my dates was troublesome. She said she doesn't want me to get my hopes up and she wishes she could be more optimistic.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and what was your outcome? If I had a missed miscarriage shouldn't my body have realized by now? I've had no cramping or bleeding of any kind.

I should mention it has taken hubby and I three years to concieve for the first time and my periods haven't always been the most regular, they are pretty off and on.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

When did you get your first positive test?

My first positive test was March 30th but it was extremely faint, I almost didn't think it was positive. They've been getting darker and darker ever since.

These are all my pregnancy tests, starting from March 30th to April 27th and the last two single pictures are from this past Monday, May 14th.

Attachments

• 20180426_105309.jpg
    20180426_105309.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20180514_205228.jpg
    20180514_205228.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180514_205314.jpg
    20180514_205314.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 17
If there was a possibility that you really are only 6 weeks along then it could be completely normal but it does seem like you got your positive too long ago not to be quite a bit further along. If it was only out by a week then you would hope things might catch up but the difference between 6 weeks and 12 weeks really is vast. Honestly it really doesn't sound great. I hate to be so pessimistic bit I don't want to give you false hopes. I hope you get answers soon. Limbo is awful. Hugs

I wish I had answers for you but just wanted to give you a :hugs:. Limbo is the worst. With my MMC a few years ago, the baby was measuring behind by 2 weeks and it took my body an extra two weeks past the fetal development to begin to miscarry. I had no bleeding either until I passed a clot and then gradually the bleeding picked up over the course of a weekend. I also had very mild pregnancy symptoms. I wouldn't give up hope! Babies play catch up! And no heartbeat at 6 weeks isn't necessarily bad. Is it possible to give it more time? Some doctors will let you ride it out, others want to schedule d&c right away. Sending you positive thoughts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"