Suppositories for constipation

Babydearest

Reaction score
My doctor's prescribed Senokot for my bowel movements, but sometimes they seem too strong and give me stomach cramps. My next appt. is not for ages so I'm wondering if I can use suppository style laxatives for immediate relief? Has anyone heard of Dulcolax suppositories or Glycerin suppositories? Just wondering if I could use them?

PS: prunes, prune juice, drink loads of water, veggies etc don't seem to help my case!

My doc gave me lactalose and you can take as much of it as necessary, it works for me! good luck. you can buy this from the chemist. xx

can't see why glycerin suppositories wouldn't be a good idea, all they do is irritate the inside of the back passage and make you go. they've worked for me anyway. ask the chemist!

unfortunately, my doc didnt give me anything! :( he asked me to drink more n more water and have more melons along with cucumber.He didnt like the idea of me using lactulose for the whole 9 months.

But to be honest.... high fibre and water worked for me! hope it stays the same! Fingers crossed!!!!!!

I was only given lactulose, and tbh it is no good for me, I am thinking of going to see my GP about other options as I am also at a loss. But as had already said, ask a chemist if your doctor is reluctant, and if there is something that you can have that needs prescribing, tell your doc you want it! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->