Sure start courses...

Blob.

Reaction score
Has anyone done these and what are they like? Which ones did you do??

Sorry not sure, but am interested In any comments too...
You could try googling them...I know some do baby massage, which I did (not through sure start though) and it was great!

I done baby massage, was brilliant! & we also done baby rhyme time, which I didn't enjoy as much... I'm looking at ones to do once Lily hits 1 now. They are fun, go for it :) xx

I dis a weaning one that i really enjoyed. Knew most of it already but helped me with some of my questions and was interesting to get other mums opinions on weaning and what they were doing.

Is the first aid one a reocgnised first aid course in schools etc?

I've done a baby yoga course and go to a lot of general sessions and groups.

I think they are really good to be honest. I'm not sure about where you live, but here there are 6 sure start centres and I tend to go to 2 of them and it's usually the same mums there so you start to make friends, which is one of the main reasons I went.

xx

My baby is 14 weeks now is she too old to go to baby massage now? I'd love to do it and wish I'd done it sooner, I thought I'd have at least one mummy friend by now!

I did massage - enjoyed it. Babies were from 8 wks to 6 months. We do stay & play at the sure start centre to.

My baby is 14 weeks now is she too old to go to baby massage now? I'd love to do it and wish I'd done it sooner, I thought I'd have at least one mummy friend by now!

I think your LO will be fine hun. They usually say massage courses are from birth until the baby is mobile. So either crawling or rolling etc and won't stay still for you.

I have heard that courses like baby massage are good as it's usually the same pepole going each week for the duration of the course so you get to know each other.

I would have been your mummy friend if we lived a bit closer :flower:

xx

Aww thanks :flower: I moved house when she was 8 weeks, don't think that helped.
How do I find my nearest sure start?x

Aww thanks :flower: I moved house when she was 8 weeks, don't think that helped.
How do I find my nearest sure start?x

Here's a link Hun just gotta put in ur post code xx

https://childrenscentresfinder.direct.gov.uk/childrenscentresfinder/

I am due to start a massage course on thursday but on Monday got a horrible cold so think we will have to miss the first one. I am gutted but there is no way I am going to risk the other babies catching my cold.

We've done the baby massage, baby yoga and rhythm time, Callum loved it and i've made some really good friends from doing it xx

oh definitely go for it!! i've done loads, like baby massage, jolly babies (which wasnt thatgreat but still), peadiatric first aid, food safety, and currently doing basic diy.

its great to get out the house and was brilliant in the first 6 months as i was very tired etc etc and this made me feel like i was still connected to the outside world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->