Sure Start Grant Problems...

x Alanna x

Reaction score
Hiya Ladies..:flower:

ive just called the sure start grant number , as i wanted to find out how my claim was going..

got told its been rejected cause im not on income related ESA ..

i wasnt sure what type of ESA i was on.. so i phoned ESA after my call with sure start .. they told me im on the income related ESA and that i do qaulify for it..

so ive just called sure start back who said they cant find my details on the system now???? hhahaha.. wtf..

how can somebody tell me ive been rejected.. then sumbody tell me ive not got any details on their system.. bunch of cock suckers.. a few pigs in a farm could run that place better :wacko:

gunna ring them again in 10 mins.. im gunna pester the eff out of them until someone learns how to do their job proper..

does anyone else have problems with these idiots??? lol.. xx

It seems they all say something different everytime you ring them.... they're rubbish. Hope it gets sorted out soon.

Grr just phoned them again and some girl said my details aint on the system.. so how the hell did that idiot i first rang.. tell me it got declined yesterday???

i said.. well why did the other man say its been declined..?? and she said i cant answer that for you cause im not that person.. i said well hes a bit of an idiot then isnt he.. and shes like no he isnt.. he might have different access to the system than me?? erm.. shush with ya excuses..

dunno what im meant to do.. lol :| really angry now.. xx

Me!!! I got a letter this morning sayin that not entitled because I'm not on income support.. But I am, they have just messed it up! Now it could take another two weeks :( xx

grrrr are they are dumb in that place lol.. im on income related ESA so im entitled too but apparently im not even on the system???? its really pissing me off.. and i dont know who to contact about it cause everytime i ring that call centre they all chat bollox lol!!..

just put the phone down on the last person i called.. cant be arsed.. im gunna send another form to them and write a long letter telling them their service is disgusting... really fucked off me!!..

why do they have to be so dumb :|

hope you sort it out soon.. xx

Me!!! I got a letter this morning sayin that not entitled because I'm not on income support.. But I am, they have just messed it up! Now it could take another two weeks :( xx

im the same hunni got the letter to, they said to me that im not entitled to it because im not on income support, i am it and its the process and now i have to wait two weeks till i get my 1st payment. its so not fair, they are playing with peoples lifes selfish idiots.

i just hope i dont miss out :(
i could cry

i got refused it but im on income support and tac credits and i got told some areas have stopped it then i rang another day and so on and got told different story all time .. ill retry wen ive had baby x

Mine was initially declined because I was told I wasn't on income support. (I was) once I called back and told them to reconsider it and check with JCP, the first person told me I would have to wait 2 weeks. I put the phone down and redialed. The second person told me she couldn't find my details on the system, she had not taken my N.I number correctly, I put the phone down and redialed. The third person was very helpful and he emailed the decision department immediately and by the morning it had been approved for the full 500 and it had been paid and on it's way to my account. Try ringing back and speak to someone else in a few minutes, also if they say they don't have your details, make them read the N.I number back to you. :thumbup:

Also anyone that was refused due to waiting on a benefit decision but has already put their application in, will still be able to ask for a reconsideration after the cut off date provided their initial application was before the cut off. Ring JCP every day if you're waiting for your benefit claim to be processed and ask the agent if it is "in payment" as soon as they say yes, you're good to call surestart again, unfortunately until it is in the "in payment" status the surestart are unable to retrieve the data as its private :)

why would one say they found my details and ive been declined.. and the other 2 say theres nothing there LOL.. really pissing me off.. ive called 3 times.. i put the phone down on the last girl.. cant be arsed with their bullshit.. ill get my fella to call them once hes finished work cause im done listenin to their crap haha.. how can people be that thick??? dont understand it.. really dont lol.. xx

Try going down to the job centre instead of phoning?
When I phoned them they couldnt even get my post code right! Kept saying I was from Bootle... Im not even from Bootle! Lmao!
Theyre useless.
Hope you get it sorted soon x

why would one say they found my details and ive been declined.. and the other 2 say theres nothing there LOL.. really pissing me off.. ive called 3 times.. i put the phone down on the last girl.. cant be arsed with their bullshit.. ill get my fella to call them once hes finished work cause im done listenin to their crap haha.. how can people be that thick??? dont understand it.. really dont lol.. xx

Very likely that they don't understand that some of us are really counting on that money and they don't care :(

Since you've already established that you're on the right kind of ESA, ask JCP if it's "in payment" and when it will hit your account as sometimes I think the status of the benefit doesn't actually change for the surestart people until they have sent the first payment to your bank and it will just be blank for them. Only other thing I can say is if you can't get any sense out of the surestart people, if it's possible, hold on until your ESA payment goes into your bank and then just ask surestart for an immediate reconsideration.:hugs:

ive just called the job centre.. my local one and they have told me to call back the sure start people and if i get no joy out of them again to ask for a manager?? lol.. urgh..

this is the number ive been calling..

0845 608 8580 is this right???

:hugs: xx

I rang 0845 608 8671. They told me on Tuesday they didn't have anything on me but I've received a letter this morning saying I am getting it in my bank Monday, hope this helps x

Well I live in the East Midlands so I don't think my surestart phone number will be of any use to ya but I'll throw it out there in case anyone else needs it :p

0845 608 8543

I rang 0845 608 8671. They told me on Tuesday they didn't have anything on me but I've received a letter this morning saying I am getting it in my bank Monday, hope this helps x

i phoned that number on the 2nd and 3rd time i called and they were useless..

i didnt realise there were so many numbers lol..

first time i called on 0845 608 8580 who told me i was declined..

then i called 2nd and 3rd on 0845 608 8671 who couldnt find me..

just called back on the 0845 608 8580 number, they told me they can see me on the system but cant access my details, so hes going to email the decision dept and ask them whats going on.. so atleast i got a lil bit more help now.. after my 4th call :| LOL..

xx

Well I live in the East Midlands so I don't think my surestart phone number will be of any use to ya but I'll throw it out there in case anyone else needs it :p

0845 608 8543

lol i didnt know there was seperate numbers for diff regions..

ive been using 0845 608 8580 (this number was more helpful than the 2nd) and 0845 608 8671

but maybe theres a totally diff number for my area.. so guess ill phone my jobcentre to find out lol :| .. seems such a pain in the arse, why cant it be straight forward lol.. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->