sure start grant

vix1989

Baby Christmas <3
Reaction score
hi!
i sent off my surestart grant form on wednesday so they would of got it on thursday.
i know its probably a little bit early to be impatient but does anyone know how long it takes to recieve it? i know im definatly entitled to it so thats not a problem.

im jus starting to freak out as i have 10 weeks left and have got to get so much stuff for her!

i hope someone can help???

Hi hon,

Mine took 3 weeks from posting the forms off to the money being in my account. I believe with all these gov grant things the letter to tell you when the money is going to be paid in can often arrive AFTER the money has gone into your account, so keep checking your balance :)

Average time is 2-4 weeks (my aunt works at jobcentre and deals with all these forms!!) If there is a backlog it can take up to 3 months, but apprently no backlog at the moment so you should be ok! :) x

I sent mine off on the 13th and got my letter decision letter back Saturday morning with money going in bank on Tuesday.
Hope that helps!
xXx

I sent mine off on the 13th and got my letter decision letter back Saturday morning with money going in bank on Tuesday.
Hope that helps!
xXx

yer this helps a great deal as thats only like 10 days you was waiting.
i really hope it gets sorted quickly i jsut want to get everything and then i can relax and wait for her to arriive and not have to worry about anything!
thanks

Think it depends on ya job centre.. some of them seem to take about a month then you hear people say they got there's in a week!

Know how you feel, we've got a big shopping trip planned Tuesday with lists of stuff to get!!!
Hope you gets yours sorted, I did ring them to check they had recieved form though cause I heard loads have been getting lost in post, number I rang was 08456088649
xXx

Know how you feel, we've got a big shopping trip planned Tuesday with lists of stuff to get!!!
Hope you gets yours sorted, I did ring them to check they had recieved form though cause I heard loads have been getting lost in post, number I rang was 08456088649
xXx

awww thanks ill give em a ring in morning, they might be able to tell me if its been looked at yet.
ive already got my list written out of what im getting just got to get the thumbs up now!
x

I havnt even sent mine yet cos stupid midwife keeps cancelling my appointment :growlmad: i havnt bought a thing yet :haha:, good job i have a pram she'll have to sleep in there at this rate :blush:

Hope you get yours very soon :hugs:

We got ours back really quickly.. can't remember exactly how long, but def not long enough to complain.

mine was in within a week.

its not just delays with backlog etc - there are loads of things, are you getting the "qualifying benefits" etc, is the form filled out correctly, "random spot checks" on forms, how many they get a day etc.

I am a a full time mum to my one year old daughter makenzi...and i have a lil boy on the way im 31 weeks pregnant ...my partner works and gets £76 working tax credit and i get £55 child tax credit at higher family element rate will i qualify for the sure start grant of £500...??? or is there anyone who gets the same as us and has had the grant successfully???xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->