Sure Start Maternity Grant - can i claim??

jess_smurf

Angel Kristian & Olivia
Reaction score
not sure if I can my wage is £13500, i am living on my own.

Will i be able to claim for this? do I need to wait until after h is born and be claiming Working tax credits before I can claim

i am lost !!

thanks jess x x

you will have to wait until bubs is here as soon as u hav tax credits forms in put this in ...you should get it on that u have to claim within 3 months of baby being born xxx

im pretty sure every1 is intitled 2 £190...if u r on a low wage then its increased 2 £500 i think. You can claim between 25weeks of pregnancy and 3months after birth. there is a big back log at the moment, so it wil take a few months 2 come through so i would send it off asap.
any other infomation you can find out on directgov.org or check with your midwife.
hope this helps x

£190 is the health in pregnancy grant which everyone pregnant mum will get in the new tax year. Your midwife will give you that form once you are over 25 weeks pregnant, or should, cos I'm still waiting!!

Sure Start Grant of £500 is means tested depending on your income. As you are on your own and going on to SMP you will probbaly get it. As Serina says wait until baby is here and tax credits are sorted out and then claim as you can claim up to 3 months once baby is here.

ok

just could have done with it before for all his stuff.

thanks
jess x x x

Im sorry to say you wont be able to get the sure start grant, below is a link of who can claim. I am disabled don't work and on disability living allowance and incapacity benefit and I can't claim :cry:. Hope this link answers your question, take care :hugs: XX

https://www.surestart.gov.uk/surestartservices/support/helpwithchildcarecosts/maternitygrant/

hi

i will be getting Child tax credit at higher rate as my earnings are low while on mat leave

I have already checked this

thanks x

Yep u will get it once baby is here ....as i said tax credits can take awhile to come thru but u can still apply for this while waitin on tax credits ...I would get form ready in your labour bag :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->