Sure start maternity grant government update!

Berniep

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just seen this over in 3rd tri and thought some of u may want to know x

Just seen this on the direct gov web site
https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

If you're due on or after the 11th April 2011 and there is a child under 16 in the family you won't get the grant :(
I posted mine last week but I guess I won't get it now, I'm due the 13th April... oh well that's the way it goes!

Stupid bloody decision that is. And they wonder why kids grow up in poverty, they will be stopping child benefit next.

It is crap i was hoping as i would be applying for it next month at 29 weeks i would get it but obviously not now!

i was kind of relying on it :( i havent bought a thing yet either omg i better get started!

I know luckily i've been buying bits everytime we've had spare money but will def have to get my bum into gear now and get the rest xx

im panicking now the fob wont even help towards a pushchair urgh badtimes gonna have to just pull it together somehow aaargh! x

what if you have a child under 16 and have not previously claimed?

Good point... I'd ring them and ask them to clarify. I somehow think the rules still will stand though :(

still cant get it it says if you have a child under 16 in your family you cant get it regardless thats so rubbish!

Bloody hell i missed out on the hip grant and ill miss out on this. Oh well what doesnt kill us makes us stronger.

I agree with them only doing it for the first child but 16 is a bit extreme. Do they really expect people to have kept baby stuff for 16 years.

i heard if you hit 29 weeks before april 11th then your still entitled to claim this

i heard if you hit 29 weeks before april 11th then your still entitled to claim this

Yeah that was the rumour before it had officially been brought in... if you click on the link in the original post it will take you to the direct.gov website that explains the new rules.

i just rang to check as i am so annoyed at this, im due 15 may, second child but didnt claim for my first as wasnt entitled. i am now entitled due to benefits, but WONT get the grant as I already have one child. its ridiculous. so basically there are no grants at all we can claim now. grrrr am so angry.

Michelle x

omg i was really relying on that, this goverment is rubbish xx

yh me too its crap i think they should have made it so it didnt affect women already pregnant as alot of us were relying on it before they put that bombshell in! x

I was hoping to get this as well. I never claimed for my first child as both of us had decent paying jobs, but both lost them April last year and managed to get another but our wages have dropped by £15,000 per year!

I've been debating whether to quit my job as we would probably financially better off!

I have just spoken to social fund that deals with these grants and they are saying the info on the websites wrong as long as you are 29 weeks before 11 april you can still claim and will still recieve it x

I have just spoken to social fund that deals with these grants and they are saying the info on the websites wrong as long as you are 29 weeks before 11 april you can still claim and will still recieve it x

really??! i really really hope it is wrong im going to apply for it anyway when its time and hope for the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->