• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Sure start maternity grant government update!

i phoned up this morning cos i saw something and got my hair off as my mw had gone on and on that i was entitled aslong as 29 weeks before the 11th april, i even got a bit hormonal on another thread i here thinking they were wrong, anyhow i phoned up, and got called back this afternoon,. it appears, u had to be 29 weeks by yesterday and its only just been put in writing so there will be confusion for a few days but any one not 29 weeks yesterdya need not apply, im not wasting my time, they should have updated their staff better basically lots of them have gone to work today telling us all what they were telling people last week.

i never claimed with any of my lo';s wasnt aware i was entitled as we wernt on benfits, however turns out i was cos of ctc rate i was on, so was going to put in this time, also have a friend who is 29 weeks tomoz and she was relying on it, luckily id got all the bigger bits juat incase. they seriously should have told us this ages ago or stuck to the origional decission of 29 weeks by the cut off date first published.

To publish it on day of cut off and not make it clear is bang out of order!

I also love how budget just says changes will come in april 2011 then under it say mothers already pregnant should not be affected......................
Just gone to download a form for it and it states on the form if it's 2nd child and due after 11th don't claim

Not in those words but that's how it read to me

ehhh this has confused me more!!!!

on th back of my matb1 it says you can apply for grant up to 3mnths after baby is born?!

i am starting to gt to th point where i cant be arsed with it!

thy keep chopping n changing

just going to ring them up at some point

eeee dear me!
could of done with tht aswell

if its not ur first then u had to be 29 weeks 2 days ago x

This is my first so I'm still entitled but I wouldve been in the shit if not,I missed the hip grant and really couldve done with that,jsa have reduced my payments to £12pw so if they stopped this grant aswell I'd have no money to buy a thing.I have to wait until 29wks until I can buy anything at all and it's doing my head in.....bring back labour xx

i phoned up this morning cos i saw something and got my hair off as my mw had gone on and on that i was entitled aslong as 29 weeks before the 11th april, i even got a bit hormonal on another thread i here thinking they were wrong, anyhow i phoned up, and got called back this afternoon,. it appears, u had to be 29 weeks by yesterday and its only just been put in writing so there will be confusion for a few days but any one not 29 weeks yesterdya need not apply, im not wasting my time, they should have updated their staff better basically lots of them have gone to work today telling us all what they were telling people last week.

i never claimed with any of my lo';s wasnt aware i was entitled as we wernt on benfits, however turns out i was cos of ctc rate i was on, so was going to put in this time, also have a friend who is 29 weeks tomoz and she was relying on it, luckily id got all the bigger bits juat incase. they seriously should have told us this ages ago or stuck to the origional decission of 29 weeks by the cut off date first published.

i nrly cryed to babe lol i rang advice line and they said i shud be entitled to it to as im 29 weeks in march so fingers crossed for us both and all u other mummys out there xxx

thats the old advice, my mw has even been updated now, sounds like whoever u spoke to on advice line has not been informed! the new form theyve updated also says need not apply if due date exceed 11 april, boooooooooooooooooooooooo i did cry! lol my mw wont even sign them off :(

i nrly cryed to babe lol i rang advice line and they said i shud be entitled to it to as im 29 weeks in march so fingers crossed for us both and all u other mummys out there xxx

You won't be able to apply as your due date goes past 11th April. Sorry sweet. :hugs:

i know now and it really kaes me angry as there are some ppl who have had it 4 or 5 times yet coz i worked when pregnant with my son i still cnt have it because i have him it just doent seem fair.

I am writing them a letter stating that they are abusing my human rights to be treated fairly and as an individual, (section 7 of the Act I believe!).

Each case should be assessed upon its merits and with this Act as backup, you should be entitled if you have NEVER claimed before.

Politicians hate the human rights Act, so all first time claimants should try this approach, IN WRITING!:thumbup:

After all, we can't deport convicted terrorists because of their human rights and the danger to their lives! Our babies lives could be adversely affected due to not getting the appropriate funds! Worth a try?!:thumbup:

(This is why I vote SNP btw!!!:haha:)

I am writing them a letter stating that they are abusing my human rights to be treated fairly and as an individual, (section 7 of the Act I believe!).

Each case should be assessed upon its merits and with this Act as backup, you should be entitled if you have NEVER claimed before.

Politicians hate the human rights Act, so all first time claimants should try this approach, IN WRITING!:thumbup:

After all, we can't deport convicted terrorists because of their human rights and the danger to their lives! Our babies lives could be adversely affected due to not getting the appropriate funds! Worth a try?!:thumbup:

(This is why I vote SNP btw!!!:haha:)

is there any chance you could send me a copy of the letter you write i wouldnt know where to start but i think its a fab idea hun and would like to do it myself

Also, have a look at this I found on the refugee council website regarding asylum seekers rights!:wacko:

Maternity provision
Maternity payment
A single, one-off maternity payment of £300 may be provided to new mothers on asylum support to
help with the costs arising from the birth of a new baby. Payment should be made to the value of
£300 per child, so if twins are due, £600 will be paid.
Milk allowance
All women supported by BIA who are pregnant or have children under three years of age are entitled
to additional payments similar to the milk token system available to people on income support. An
additional £5 a week is available for babies under the age of one. Pregnant women and children
between one and three years are entitled to an additional £3 on top of their basic asylum support
cash payment.

This is on top of the £40 -£60 already paid each week to a single claimant or couple!!!!:growlmad:

This TOTALLY violates our human rights to be treated equally!:growlmad:

btw...I am NOT racist in any way shape or form. I just HATE inequality in Britain and to deny British mothers to be what asylum seekers are paid to me is just plain wrong!:thumbup:

I will write out a template letter for anyone that wants it?:thumbup:

If a large number of us do this, it might just make them stand up and take notice!:thumbup:

I'll post it today!:hugs:

thanks hunni. will u be able to private msg me as i dont always come on here and i dont want to miss it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"