Sure Start Maternity Grant.. How Long Does It Take???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by x Alanna x, Jan 24, 2011.

1. x Alanna x

x Alanna x Well-Known Member

Hiya Everyone.. :flower:

Just wondering how long the sure start usually takes to arrive into ya bank???

ive just posted mine today.. and hoping its in soon.. soo.. whats the average time it took for all you ladies??

cheers for reading.. :hugs: xx

2. mumtobeplus1

mumtobeplus1 Expecting & Mum of 1

Mine took 10 days. x

3. Louiseandbump

Louiseandbump Mommy to Lilly Louise :)

Posted mine 19th of jan, still waiting to hear.
    Cant wait, were using it for her pram :)

4. Jem88

Jem88 Guest

Mine took about 2 weeks :)

5. gemm

gemm Mum of 3 Boys :)

posted mine 13 Jan, still waiting to hear back!!! :( hoping it will be this week, else i might have to give them a call!! lol

6. x Alanna x

taking quite a bit of time then init.. lol..

i want the money so i can buy sum stuff for my hospital bag.... cause ive got nearly everythin for my lil man and my OH is buying the rest of his stuff with his wages next month...

itsss soo annoying when you wanna organise and buy everything ready for baby and hospital but dont have any money hahah!!.. i just want everything sorted like a month before im due so i can sit on my lazy bum with bump and chillax if i need too!!.. im too impatient lol.. xx

7. hotpinkangel

hotpinkangel Well-Known Member

Less than 2 weeks! X

8. kazharry

kazharry Well-Known Member

I posted mine off about 12 days ago now and still waiting to hear. Keep trying to ring to check they received form and it just keeps saying they are busy and hanging up on me grrr

9. x Alanna x

that doesnt sound too good Kaz... ive noticed they send some out quick and some out slow.. when i applied for my HIP.. it took me a while to get it.. but some ladies on here got it pretty quick.. not sure how the system works but it sucks lol!!.. xx

10. vicky.uk

vicky.uk Well-Known Member

took a week to get mine from posting it to it being in my acount

11. megan09

megan09 Well-Known Member

I sent mine today too, hopefully it goes in as quick as hip did, I checked on internet that it can take up to a maximum of 4 weeks. I need to get my hospital bag stuff aswell hopefully doesn't take to long :) xx

12. x Alanna x

hopefully not.. :D .. really wanna hurry up and sort my hospital bag out.. also buying one of those pink lining changing bags too!! cant wait till the money comes in me bank lol!!..xx

13. holidaysan

holidaysan DS + Bump

Mine took 7 working days. Recieved it yesterday :happydance: I called them 4 days after i posted to make sure it got there. They can tell you the status of it at any time.

14. Tasha360

Tasha360 Mum to four 6 and under

i posted mine on the 14th i called them yesterday and they said it will be in my bank tomorrow or friday so 13-14 days xx

15. Katie Mc

Katie Mc Well-Known Member

mines going in tomorrow so it took 12 days from posting. I phoned to check and there was a problem but they sorted it quickly.

16. gemm

gemm Mum of 3 Boys :)

also a problem with mine when I phoned! they had processed and accepted my claim but hadn't sent the funds to my bank account! I have been waiting two weeks! If I hadn't rang I would have been waiting and waiting until I did!!! he sent the funds as we spoke and said they take 3 days, so either Friday or Monday for me! dependant on whether they count today as a day! lol) :wacko:

17. N1kki

N1kki Guest

is anybody waiting to hear about a income support claim whilst they posted for their grant?

18. tsukijin

tsukijin mummy of a beautiful boy

First ever post :flower: Posted mine on 17th, initial application declined on 21st as income support hadn't cleared :dohh: called back on Mon 24th asI received my entitlement letter and asked them to look again at the grant, received a call this morning to say it had now been approved and will be in my bank on 31st :happydance: so pretty quick in the midlands.

19. dottiemad79

dottiemad79 mum of 3 plus stepdaughte

hi i got my forms the other wk filled them and sent them off last thursday my offical edd is the 6th april but my mw who i see every 2 wks at the hospital due to being type 1 diabetic last wk she filled in her part and put down the date i was going in to be induced on which is the 22nd march, i phoned the social fund people today and they told me i had got the full amount of the grant and that it wud be in my account on monday,

20. lex100

lex100 Member

i sent mine off 3 weeks ago yesterday - got a letter back to say it was refused even though i get tax credits - rang the tax credits to comfirm that im elegible and rang up the sure start peole where some woman kept me on hold for about 20 minutes and seemed to assume i was stupid so someone rang me back the next day turns out they put my national insurance number in the computer wrong !! so the woman said she would now authorise my claim and send the money to my bank in he next 3 days